Stay

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

Fortunately, the funeral was over quickly. A few words were spoken of the old king, and then his body was creamed by the dragon fire. The crowd dispersed, leaving behind a grim atmosphere tinged with relief. As the ashes settled, the kingdom began to mourn their loss and prepare for the new era that awaited them.

The crowning of Viserys was a grand event filled with pomp and ceremony. The old king's crown was placed upon his head, symbolising his ascent to the throne and the beginning of his reign. The people cheered and celebrated, hopeful for a prosperous future under their new king's rule. Festivities were grand; feasts, tourneys, and parades were held in honour of the new king. The streets were adorned with colourful banners and decorations, creating a festive atmosphere that brought joy and excitement to the kingdom. The people eagerly participated in the festivities, eager to show their support and loyalty to their new ruler.

The tourney was a spectacle of skill and bravery, as knights from all across the realm competed for honour and glory. The jousting matches were particularly thrilling, with each knight displaying their prowess on horseback. It was a brutal display of strength and strategy.

Of course, Daemon decided to participate.

"Please, be careful," Daenerys pleaded, her voice filled with concern as she watched Daemon prepare for the joust. She knew the risks involved and couldn't bear the thought of him getting injured. Yet despite her worries, she couldn't help but feel a sense of pride and admiration for his bravery.

But Daemon only scoffed, brushing off her concerns with a confident smirk. As he put on his shiny helmet, he said to Daenerys, "Have faith in me, my love. I will make you proud."

She sighed and nodded. Daemon looked behind her, where their children stood. "Do cheer for me," he said, giving them a playful wink. Daenerys forced a smile, trying to hide her anxiety.

"Beat his asses, kepa!" declared Visenya, earning a scold from her mother. (father)

"Oh, you know I will," Daemon replied with a mischievous grin before turning back to Daenerys and giving her a reassuring kiss on the forehead. "I will look for you in the royal box; you lot better be cheering."

Daenerys nodded, her worry evident in her eyes. "We'll be there, cheering you on," she promised, her voice filled with determination. Daemon squeezed her hand before heading towards the arena, leaving Daenerys and their children behind, hoping for his victory.

As said before, tournaments are a nasty business; therefore, Alyssa and Maekar were left with the wet nurses in the Keep. Daenerys even arranged for extra guards to ensure their safety while Daemon competed. She couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her children in the chaos of the tournament. Her initial plan was to leave Visenya with them and watch with only Baelor by her side, but she knew her oldest daughter would never give in. She was determined to see her father win.