Oh, Aemmy

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

It was impossible to know when exactly she truly woke. She just remembered being awake and dreadfully quiet. Tanya offered her a pitiful smile as she wetted a cloth and put it back on her forehead. But Daenerys did truly acknowledge it. Her mind was still foggy, unable to fully comprehend her surroundings. The room felt unfamiliar, and she struggled to recall how she had ended up there. Daenerys tried to speak, but her voice came out as a weak whisper. "Was it a boy?"

"Yes." It was Daemon who answered. He sat by the bed, his expression a mix of concern and relief.

"Hm..." hummed Daenerys as her eyes teared up. "My poor Aemmy..."

.

.

.

.

.

Once again, the king's chambers were covered in dread. Dust was on every shelf, and the curtains were closed tightly to block out the sunlight and Viserys sitting in the corner, playing with something in his hand—Aemma's ring. The silence in the room was suffocating.

"Princess Daenerys, your grace," a guard announced.

"Let her in," he said after a pause.

Daenerys walked in slowly, her footsteps barely making a sound on the worn-out carpet. She could swear she still smelled blood, making her disgusted and nauseous. Carefully, she took the seat opposite her brother, wrapping her arms around herself as if the room were freezing cold.

They sat in silence for a while, both waiting for the other to speak up.

"I am so sorry," she whispered eventually. "I cannot possibly imagine how you feel."

Viserys glanced at her for a moment, as if thanking her, then looked back down to the ring. His expression was without doubt one of guilt.

Daenerys looked down as well, taking in a shaky breath. She was close to crying again. "I wish there was something I could do," she whispered, gagging on her own words and closing her eyes.

A hand reached out and gently touched Daenerys' shoulder, offering a small measure of comfort. "Sometimes, just being there is enough," Viserys murmured softly. His other hand shakingly opened itself as he showed her the ring. "She would want you to have it."

Daenerys looked up at Viserys, for a moment, it seemed like she was about to smile, but she shook her head. Her hands closed his palm again. "She was your wife. You should keep it as a reminder of her, not me," she whispered. "Days darker than this will come, and you will need it much more than I."

Viserys shook his head, however. "I don't deserve it."

Daenerys furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?"