Purpose found

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

Is that a baby on my chest? It is small and fragile, with tiny fingers and toes. His eyes are closed, and his breathing is soft and steady.

Is it mine, stranger?

He opens his eyes and lifts his little head as best he can. He gazes up at me, seeking comfort and reassurance in this unfamiliar world.

His eyes are mismatched, stranger. One is black, like the night sky, while the other is a vibrant shade of green, like fresh grass in spring, yet they both sparkle with innocence and trust.

Again, he is closing those mesmerising pools of colour, slowly drifting back into a peaceful slumber, and my ears are covered by those old and scrappy hands again.

Sleep tight, my Damion.

.

.

.

.

"Oh, my darling! That is most wonderful news!" Beamed Daenerys, bending over to kiss her daughter's cheek. Alyssa leaned her head back after the smooch and smiled at her mother's excitement.

"Welcome to hell, sister," murmured Visenya from the sofa, where she was reading a book. Her legs were crossed one over the other, and she was leaning on her elbow, her eyes fixed on the pages.

Alyssa's smile faded slightly as she turned to face her older sister. "What do you mean?" she asked, feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

Visenya looked up from her book, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Just wait until you experience the joys of pain in your belly and arse," she said with a smirk.

"Don't listen to her, Alyssa. It is truly a beautiful thing," Daenerys replied, tucking her daughter's hair behind her ear. "Every woman's experience is different, but it's a natural part of being a woman and can even be empowering," she added, trying to reassure Alyssa.

Visenya snorted and flipped a page in her book.

"Does it mean I will have to marry?" Alyssa looked at her mother with a hint of worry in her eyes.

"Oh, sweet girl, someday. But not anytime soon," she replied soothingly. "I promise you, yes?"

Alyssa nodded, a small smile forming on her lips. "Yes, Mama."

"But... we will have to have a talk," Daenerys started awkwardly. Alyssa's smile faded slightly as she looked at her mother, sensing that this talk might not be an easy one.

"I am out of here!" declared Visenya, jumping off her seat. Alyssa and Daenerys turned their heads in surprise as Visenya stormed out of the room, leaving them alone. But they didn't stay alone for long. Moments later, Daemon entered, Baelor following him close behind.