Cravings

"Do you feel like eating?" he asks, once your feet touch the floor. "Not much, but I can try." you reply. "Alright, let's go to the kitchen." he says, sweetly taking your hand. You two walk to the kitchen and you grab an apple from the basket in the window and rinse it with some water before taking a big bite of it. "An apple has never tasted so good to me in all my life." you say, enjoying the bite you took. "Cravings are to be expected, sweetheart." Frodo says, frying some eggs for himself. "Speaking of which, I'm also craving cornbread." "Why don't you make some?" he suggests. "I've never made it before." you say. "There's a first time for everything, darling." he says with a slight chuckle. "And I don't think it's difficult to make. Rosie happens to have a very good recipe. You should go next door and ask her for it." "I'll do that." you say determined to satisfy your craving. You set your partially eaten apple on the table and walk next door to Sam and Rosie's. You knock on the door and Sam opens it. "Well hello, Ms. Y/N. How very nice to see you this fine day. Please come in!" he says politely. "It's nice to see you too." you reply, entering. "Rosie told me you're expecting. I'd say congratulations are in order!" he says. "Thank you. Me and Frodo are very excited." "I know you didn't come just to chat, so what is the nature of this visit may I ask?" "Well, Frodo told me that Rosie has a very good recipe for cornbread and I was wondering if I could borrow it." "Why yes, of course." he says. "Rosie!" he calls. "Yes, dear?!" you hear from another room. "Ms Y/N needs your cornbread recipe!" he says. "Oh! I'll be right there!" she says. A few seconds later, she enters the room and hands you an old piece of paper with the recipe written on it. "Rosie, this looks ancient!" you exclaim. "Well yes, it was handed down to me from my mother, which was handed down from her mother, which was handed down from her mother, which was handed down from her mother." You make a confused face, trying to comprehend what she had said. "My point is it's been in my family for generations. I hope you enjoy!" "Thank you!" you say as you leave out the door, and you walk back home. "I've got the recipe!" you say waving it in the air. Frodo was sitting down, eating his breakfast. "Do you want some help?" he asks. "Yes, actually." you reply. "I think it's special when couples bake together... and this is my first time." So you and Frodo bake cornbread together. You had so much fun doing it too! Talking and laughing, you finally got everything done and you put it in an iron skillet and set it over the fire to bake.