Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Julie," I hear whispered into my ear. "Jules, wake up."

I startle awake, opening my eyes to find Luke leaning his chin on the edge of my bed.

"Hi," he whispers.

A small smile forms on my face. "Hi," I whisper back.

"She's awake!" I hear Reggie yell, and I turn my head to find him and Alex standing at the foot of my bed.

I groan, covering my face with my pillow. "What time is it?" I ask.

"Uhh," I hear Alex stutter. "7:30."

I whip the pillow off to glare at them. "You woke me up at 7:30 on a Sunday? And what have I told you about boundaries?"

Reggie pouts. "We wanted to see you."

My heart melts a little.

Luke stands up and walks over to join Alex and Reggie at the foot of my bed.

"Caleb had a late night," Luke explains, crossing his arms over his chest. "We figured we'd make the time count."

I rub my hand over my face, trying to wake myself up a little more. "Okay, yeah. Fine." I sit up in bed, "Just give me, like, five minutes to make myself presentable."

They nod their heads in agreement, but they still stand there staring at me.

"Turn around! I don't have pants on!" I yell, and Alex and Reggie immediately stumble over each other as they quickly turn themselves around to face the opposite corner of my room.

Luke just stares at me dead in the eyes.

I stand up and stretch, and Luke is unapologetically ogling me the entire time it takes me to walk over to my closet to grab a bra. I purposefully bend over slowly to pick up my shorts that are on the ground, and when I stand up and turn to look at him, his eyes are wide and his cheeks are red.

I wink at him as I walk out of my room to use the bathroom.

I quickly pee and brush my teeth, and I take some time to tame my hair before throwing on my bra and the pair of shorts that I grabbed. I decide to just stay in the shirt that I was wearing to sleep in.

When I walk back into my room, the first thing Luke does is grab me by the back of the head to plant a hard kiss on my lips.

"That was the sexiest thing I've ever seen," he mumbles once he pulls away.

"Uhh, what the fuck was that?" Alex asks, completely dumbfounded.

"Did I just see what I think I saw?" Reggie adds, sounding as jarred as Alex.

I look sheepishly around Luke to see Alex and Reggie standing there with their jaws dropped.

I smack Luke on the chest. "You didn't tell them?"

He holds his hands up in surrender. "I never had the chance!"

I tilt my head at him. "Yeah, okay," I respond sarcastically.

I walk over and sit back down on my bed, picking up my phone to clear the notifications.

"Are we just going to ignore what just happened?" Alex exclaims.

"I'm with Alex on this one," Reggie points in Alex's direction. "When did this start?"

"Friday," Luke says, smirking. He comes and lays down in my bed, placing his head in my lap.

"Friday?!" Alex and Reggie yell.

"Can we drop this?" I ask.

"No!" Alex and Reggie yell back.