( CUATRO. )

────

"MEET ME at Wangshu Inn later evening, I have some business to take care of at the moment." (Y/N) spoke, looking at Lumine while the other eventually nodded.

"Are you sure you'll show up...?" Paimon questioned with suspicion, her arms crossed along with a raised brow.

"Of course. I'll make it in time."

Those were the last few words they had exchanged before parting ways. Lumine dealt with her own business, and (Y/N) dealt with hers.

A ruffling noise came from behind, causing her to raise her guard. (Y/N)'s hand immediately flew to the hilt of her sword, one she prepared in the absence of the one the Harbinger held hostage. She then fixed her stance in preparation to combat.

A chuckle could be heard, before a familiar man emerged from the leaves. "Are you looking for this?" he smiled, raising his hand to which her blade was in.

(Y/N) spoke calmly, "Give it back."

"You have to earn it, don't you?" he teased, placing it beside his hip, patting it a few times to rile the other up.

The girl clenched her jaw, her brows crashing together as she stared at the man before her. Her patience was running out as each second passed by. She then spread her arms invitingly, "Go on, come at me."

Childe scoffed, "Your ego sure is big."

As the ginger lunged towards the girl, his arrow was already overflowing with Hydro energy, prepared to pierce it through her skin. (Y/N) used her legs to swiftly land a kick upon his arm, since dodging would be quite difficult for him mid-air.

Using his arm to defend his head, Childe was able to land swiftly on the ground. Yet as soon as he was about to get up, the blade-weilding (H/C) head was already lunging towards him, her sword aimed towards his chest.

Childe quickly transformed his bow into water blades, pushing the blade away, causing (Y/N) to jump aback.

Her gaze turns to be something that ine would consider as condescending, "We've barely done anything, yet at the slightest difficulty that you face, you pull out your water blades with that Delusion." She scrunches up her nose in distaste, "You say that you want to excel in the weakest weapon you're with, but as soon as you sense the slightest amount of danger, you quickly change into what you're most familiar with; a polearm and two blades. Do you see yourself, Ajax?"

Childe chuckled, his breath shallow. "You're only chatty when you talk crap about my fighting's flaws, huh?"

"I've had enough of this." Their movements were a dance of deadly damher, as they weave and dodge, searching for an opening in each other's defense. Sweat glistens on their brows, illuminated by the faint sunlight that peeked through the leaves.

Both their movements were precise and calculated, their weapons flashing with deadly intent. Childe, though skilled, begins to falter under the relentless assault. (Y/N)'s breath comes in ragged gasps, and her muscles begin to ache with the multiple attacks that she's sent. Desperation flickers in their eyes as they struggle to keep pace.

As the battle rages on, it becomes clear to (Y/N) that this wasn't a fight worth her time. As Childe stumbled back, (Y/N) once again lunges towards him with a swift kick. Though she nearly had him, Childe wasn't one to fall for the same trick twice. Before her leg made contact with his skin, he lifted his arm to grab ahold of her leg in an attempt to make her lose ground.