( NUEVE. )

────

THE VIEWS up in the mountains of Liyue were more than majestic. What more when you've reached the Jade Chamber? A place where you could spot nearly the entirety of Teyvat, and the entirety of Teyvat can see the Jade Chamber.

(Y/N) took a sip of her coffee, the warm liquid warming up her body as she swallows it down her system. Moments like these weren't all too rare.

It's been a week since the girl's interaction with the fellow Harbinger. Perhaps both him and the Traveller got quite busy. Well, so did she. Some time had already passed ever since the God of Rock had departed from this world. Or, has he? Doubts remain to cloud her mind. That, or she was in denial due to the power of the Archons. She knew that it surpasses an average human's capabilities. A deity that has been able to roam around and protect Liyue for thousands of years surely cannot be slain in just a single day, can he?

If not death, then what could be the reason for his disappearance? Why was there a need to leave Liyue in such a rash manner?

"General (Y/N)." A voice called out.

"How was your progress?" (Y/N) questioned, taking a sip from her coffee without batting an eye. A few weeks ago, due to the panic spread through out the entirety of Liyue, there was a hunt for the perpetrator.

Liyue, well, was the land of contracts. In order to sign a contract, you must carefully analyze both sides - yet most of the time, humans rarely tend to care about things that hardly concern them. As long as it benefited them, the deal would be signed.

Liyue Qixing was an organization that had a grip on Liyue's citizens, some people say it's more than the Adepti does. It's only natural that it's citizens would trust them.

In order to observe the actions of anyone you'd like but also avoid suspicion, just one person would be incapable of that.

You need quite the number of them.

With careful analysation, (Y/N) had hired multiple spies that spread all over Liyue Harbor. Those that did not gather unwanted attention by following a certain target. Fishermen, citizens, merchants, buyers - people that did not need to move from their post. Just observe. These people's trust were more than secured.

Not only was this not their first task, but there was no way that they wouldn't help to catch the perpetrator of the death of their land's god. This was an issue that directly concerned and will benefit them. Despite the possibility of betrayal being close to zero, there still wouldn't be a way to tie the spies back to the Liyue Qixing.

'A tall man, orange colored hair, lobelia blue eyes, a fatui harbinger. Pay attention to his conversations.' and 'A traveller with a platinum blonde haired companion. With clothing that don't seem to come from any corner of Teyvat.'

Childe was a cautious man, and the Traveller was not to be underestimated.

"You sure took your time." (Y/N) commented, her eyes still glued to the view.

"Apologies for that, General. It was quite the number you hired. Nevertheless, I've got the information that they've gained."

She hummed, "Go on."

"Sir Childe had apparently arranged a reservation for him, the Traveller, and Zhongli from the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor at Liuli Pavillion. No one had been around to listen to what they had discussed, however... after their dinner, quite the number of people have seen Zhongli and the Traveller walking around Liyue Harbor, purchasing certain items seemingly for a grand funeral. Perhaps it is for Rex Lapis, General."

"Childe... he arranged a reservation to introduce Zhongli and Blondie? For what reason...?"

"That, I don't know. A few people have listed the conversations they have heard and the items the two have purchased. I've got them right here. And also, it was heard that Sir Childe had provided them with the funds they would need for whatever they are preparing, General."