( DOCE. )

────

  (Y/N) WOULD have never thought that she would be running around the city with three peculiar individuals trying to bargain certain items.

   One was a girl who hailed from the stars, her origin unknown. The other was her just as peculiar companion — her ability to float was questionable, yet was never actually questioned. And third, the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor employee that coincidentally was the strongest person on the city.

   What they all have in common — was data about their origins.

   Despite it being her first time in this world, the Traveller was somewhat intelligent in bargaining. The Honorary Knight — a bargainer. She spoke with a silver tongue, hiring workers left and right as she budgeted their money. (Y/N) observed how her hands would shift here and there as she convinced the workers that the mora she was providing was not underpayment. Paimon was not much different from her companion, either.

   (Y/N)'s attention drifted from the third worker, to her surroundings. They were close to the stalls that sold traditional Liyue cuisine. The aroma of freshly cooked meat and —

   Her eyes caught a glimpse of something.

   Childe? She knit her brows as he smiled at her.

   "Be right back," she muttered to the three before walking towards the Harbinger.

   "Yo," he raised his hands as he grinned.

   "Don't "yo" me. What are you here for?"

   "Can't I keep watch over the trio I've arranged?"

   "Whatever."

   "You're always so grumpy, (N/N)." He hummed, "But perhaps you got a sliver of happiness when you were tying up one of your squad members, hm?"

   So he saw her.

   "I don't know what you're talking about." She crossed her arms as she smiled, as if she were clueless about the very scene that she arranged just for him to see.

   "It's cruel, really. Assaulting Franziska like that — she used to idolize you. Poor girl was disheveled, her limbs were tied in the worst knots possible. To think you didn't even remember your own members. You're really throwing us behind, hm?" He placed an arm on his hip, tilting his head.

   "I am."

   "You know this more than anyone, (Y/N)." His voice suddenly became serious, his tone laced with animosity. "You'll run out of ropes faster than I run out of men."

   Her gaze narrowed as she bit the inside of her cheek.

   (Y/N) heard footsteps behind her, causing the girl to turn. "Blondie," she called out softly.

   "All finished, then? Splendid. Any left over cash is yours to keep. A favor for the Fatui should never go unrewarded." Childe flashed his annoying grins.

   "You think you can buy us off with some loose change?! No way!" The silver headed girl exclaimed, "Paimon demands to know when the next payment is coming!"

   Just when the Traveller thought that her small little companion had finally said something right, she took it back. She massaged her temples, trying to relieve her stress.

   Childe chuckled, "Well, how about this? You give me the information I need, and maybe I'll leave the Northland Banks vaults unattended for half an hour!"

   A lousy deal, (Y/N) thought silently with arms crossed.

   Paimon's eyes glimmered as her head shot up at the thought of mora, "What info do you need?!"

   "No!" The Traveller exclaimed almost instantly, "What else could the Fatui want? Are you forgetting what happened in Mondstadt?" she muttered warily, brows knitted.

   What happened in Mondstadt? (Y/N)'s ears perked up.

   "Yikes," Paimon scrunched her face up, "You're right, Signora..."

   The ginger shook his head, "You need to calm down. I don't know what's gotten into you. Just what... is this about? The atmosphere — it got tense all of a sudden."

   The Traveller lowered her gaze, finding herself unable to reply to the Harbinger any longer. It was a look that screamed it was getting even more unbearable with each second that passed by. Paimon, on the other hand, let out an awkward chuckle.

   Zhongli approached from behind, "Everyone, next thing we need is an Everlasting Incense. For this we need to go to the Bubu Pharmacy. The best pharmacy in all of —" He cut himself off, seemingly catching a wind of what was happening. "Is... everything okay?"

   Childe hummed, "Everything's fine. I just told them that they needn't return the surplus mora. Now, if you must excuse me, I must get going."

   The awkward silence could be felt hanging in the air before Paimon interrupted, whispering to her companion.

   "Paimon's got a feeling that Childe wasn't happy with us just now..."

   "Blondie, I have a question." (Y/N) called out.

   "Huh? Ah, ask away."

   "Just.. what happened in Mondstadt?" she questioned as a glint of curiosity could be seen from her eyes, "I'm assuming it's the very reason that you're so wary about the Fatui. This incident — it tarnished your relationship with them, didn't it?"

   "Ah..." The blonde glanced at Paimon, as if to ask for some kind of assistance, only for the silver headed girl to shrug her shoulders. The Traveller let out a quiet sigh, "I can't tell you. At the end of the day, you're also after something, General. We can't say for sure if your intentions with this information is for the betterment."

   "Oh man..." Paimon whispered under her breath.

   Something about (Y/N)'s gaze shifted. "Okay. I see."

   "I, uh, we hope you understand, Millelith Lady..."

   "No, no. I do." She said that with a smile, yet it couldn't have been faker. "I've got some business to attend to. Watch your backs. The walls have ears, hm?"

────

   "Here you go, General." One Ningguang's confidants handed her a piece of paper, it seemed like a torn out news paper.

   "Thank you." She muttered before her eyes analyzed each and every word written on the paper eagerly before scoffing, "I knew it. Ah, I knew it. She couldn't say a thing because it concerned the Archons."

   Ningguang raised her brow, "What do you mean by that?"

   "Blondie and her companion — they were wary of us. The Liyue Qixing. They think we have some underhanded tactics or whatnot."

   "Must be because of the Adepti. You did mention that she was sent to multiple of them, right?"

   "She was," (Y/N) sighed. "The Sigil of Permission — it was forged. And the events that transpired in Mondstadt, the Fatui sent one of their Harbingers to scavange after the Anemo Archon. Blondie couldn't say a single thing since it would indicate that Barbatos, is, infact, conscious or even alive. I'm not exactly sure, but what are the odds that those events are similar to Liyue?"

   "This is steering off dangerously. It seems... that the Liyue Qixing is no different than the Fatui in terms of the Traveller's point of view."

   (Y/N) placed the piece of paper down to the table, her body leaning towards the seat to relieve the tension in her muscles. "How complicated. What do you intend on doing now, Lady Ningguang?"

   She closed her eyes momentarily, "I... am sending an invite to the Traveller to the Jade Chamber."