( CATORCE. )

────

"AJAX," HER voice was low and weak. She struggled to even fully open her eyes as a burning sensation coursed through her body. "please, please just drop me... I won't cause any harm...! please I-I just... at least let me evacuate the people before... you..." she inhaled a shallow breath, the poison was playing tricks on her mind and body. "They're innocent..."

Childe could only gaze down on her, a sheepish grin on his face. "Who knew you could act this... meek."

She let out a shaky breath, her brows furrowing as she felt her body warm up even more.

"We're here. I'll hand you the antidote once everything's all over." He murmured softly, his gaze now focused on the path before them.

"Ajax..."

"Oh, don't use that voice with me..." Childe momentarily closed his eyes as he let out a weak exhale. Soon enough, (Y/N) felt Childe kneel before laying her body down. She felt him cup her face, his thumb brushing against her cheek before he stood up.

"Hey, you. Take care of her. Once you see the Osial rise from the ocean, that is your cue to get out from this place. Ensure her safety better than yours. Cause, it's not like you'll survive for long if you ditch her for your sake." He pressed his finger on the Diplomat's chest, "If she dies, I'll hunt you down."

"Y-Yessir." The Diplomat gulped, he didn't even know that he was holding his breath as the Harbinger inched closer to him.

Childe slightly pushed him back before retracting his finger, sending him a glare before turning his back to return to the Harbor to execute his wretched plans.

Her hands weakly extended, as if trying to reach out to the Harbinger. Her breathing grew unsteady as her view of his back got smaller - then, out of sight.

This was all too familiar.

Her being of no use in the most crucial events once more.

Somehow she was never present whenever the people she treasured needed her the most.

It was pathetic, really.

She felt pathetic.

Pathetic and weak.

She was going to kill that bastard once she was over with this.

That delusion-wielding bastard.

Delusions... (Y/N)'s eyes scanned the area around her, her head shifting left and right quickly yet quietly enough to not arouse suspicion or even produce a single rustle of noise.

A Fatui Camp, she noted. She was facing the back of the man that Childe entrusted her to. He was seemingly analyzing Liyue's state.

Her eyes desperately searched for something - a single object that could change the trajectory of her situation.

Then, her eyes widened as her eyes set on a delusion.

It glowed a beautiful red shade - like the flames of passion and strong will that Pyro users possessed.

Wasn't it ironic? Just a few weeks ago, she had been pestering the Harbinger for wielding one. Yet here she was, treating a delusion like it was her last resort to surviving. A pyro delusion, to pack it up. She had an unrelenting fear for flames — no, a fear of getting consumed by it.

Her gaze then shifted from the delusion to her boots, where she's always placed a dagger inside for future purposes. Ever since she was a child-

And... the Harbinger had already took it.