Chapter 45: Information

Information

"Hi! I'm teacher Tyun, nice to meet you. What's your name?"

"Jaechan," the son of the man who hit me replied while fidgeting his fingers and seems paranoid.

I hold both of his hands and he looks at me in shock. I smile at him, "You're welcome in here, okay? You can still go to your old school and then sleep and eat in here or you can transfer in here—”

"I don't want to... sir."

"May I know why?"

"I'm... the oldest in here. I'm already in my 6th grade and most of the students here are still on 3rd grade," he replied.

I nods at him and glance at Beomgyu hyung that is reading a newspaper while drinking his hot coffee. He didn't even respond to the motion I did so I sighs.

"Then isn't it an honor? You'll be the first 6th grader of this children's home!" I made it sound exciting.

"This orphanage only supports up to 3rd grade of middle school, you don't know?" he asks me back which made me taken aback.

I glared at Beomgyu hyung and I heard him clears his throat as if he's stopping himself from laughing. I rolled my eyes and almost cursed him out.

"By the way, I'm really sorry for what my dad did to you," Jaechan apologizes in behalf of his father.

I smiles, "I'm fine," I assured. "Then what are we going to do about you?"

"Can I stay here, right?" he asks and I nods. "Then I'll stay here and then I'll help to do chores and—”

"Ops wait stop," I butts in. "Why? You're going to continue studying, you get that? I'll cover all your expenses in school just study well, okay?"

I saw how Jaechan's corner of eyes builds up some tears and it eventually falls. "I'll do my best, teacher!"

And from that day onwards, Jaechan became part of the house. He helps a lot during his free time and he studies well. As someone who took him in and let's says supporting him, I'm really proud.

"Woah, Jaechan's grade really raised after what happened," Kazi reacted while looking at Jaechan's report card.

I smiles and drink my bubble tea, "Right."

"But how about you and Beomgyu?" she asks. "Are there any changes?" she asks.

I shook my head and sighs, "He's avoiding me. He'll come home late and then gets up early. After his class in here, he'll go to Downtown and then comes back at late or sleep at Dr. Kai's place," I stated and sighs again.

"Aigooya," she reacted. "You really want to be his friend?"

"Yeah..."

"Then," she faces me and smiles— nope, is she grinning? "Then we should get his side."

"Huh?"

"Like favorite food and his favorite drink? Then if he's going to Downtown, go with him and help him as well, what do you think?" she suggested while raising her brows.

"That sounds good," I approve. "Okay!" I exclaimed and stands up. "I'll go to Dr. Kai."

"W-why there?"

I move closer to her and whisper, "He sells valuable information."

"Hey! You! You're going that far?" she amusingly reacted and I just laughs at her. "Wow, you can really do everything if you have all the money."