Chapter 49: A Perfect Family

“The rain is so heavy…”

Even if we were those kids, why Beomgyu hyung can’t remember it? And I don’t think we lived at a province before knowing how my family is so well off but maybe if it was a vacation? Judging by the season, it was summer.

“Taehyun?”

Sighs. How can I even start arranging this puzzle when there are a lot of hidden pieces?

“Kang Taehyun?”

“H-huh? What?” I reacted confusedly. I am so deep in my thoughts I forgot hyung is with me.

“Are you thinking about how politicians won unexpectedly, huh? You’re so lost,” he commented and sat beside me.

Grandma decided to sleep and now hyung and I are watching the gloomy sky that’s pouring rain through this glass wall of his studio. “I didn’t have the chance to cast my vote so I’m not really sure,” I chuckled.

Hyung chuckles with me as well and he ask, “What did grandma told you about me? She bad-mouthed me for sure.”

“Of course not,” I laughs. “I can say that your grandma loves you a lot and so you do to her,” I smiles briefly. “And she also said that you dated before… but it wasn’t Taehyun.”

Ah,” he nods and chuckled.

“So who’s Choi Soobin?”

Beomgyu hyung suddenly look at me with surprise, “H-huh? A close friend of mine,” he answered.

“It doesn’t look like it,” I commented. “You dated him that’s what grandma said but he couldn’t remember my face? Heol,” I reacted and almost scoff at him.

“You’re right… She was able to remember Soobin hyung but not him…” he whispered and sighs. “I also thought Soobin hyung will completely forget about what happened but some parts were just erased,” he added.

Now, I’m totally frowning. “What? What are you talking about?”

He smiles at me, “Kang Taehyun was an angel.”

“Eh?”

He laughs and shifted his eyes once again through the window. “Maybe that’s why no one really knew about him.”

“What trash are you talking right now, hyung?”

I know things are really weird right now and I really thought that maybe I’m in a supernatural fantasy novel but I am not! We are not! Of course, angels exist but his past-lover is an angel himself!? What in the K-Drama is this?

I sighs and leans, “I’ll have a proposal, hyung,” I started and he glanced at me. “Now that we’re friends, next is I want to help you move on from that guy…”

He halted for a second before looking at mean, “Taehyun,” he called me. “You look exactly like him, you sound like him, and you even have the same name… So tell me how are you going to do that?”

Right… So foolish.

“Then just think of me as him,” I suggested. “Treat me as how you treated him before…”

“No,” he rejected and looks away. “You’re different— you two are really different from each other and I can’t do that and you shouldn’t do that to yourself as well, Taehyun,” he stated.

I sighs and slowly nods to affirm. “You’re right. Then what are we going to do? I really want to help you though?” I stated. “Hyung,” I called him and placed my hand on his arm. “Let’s be friends— real friends and see me as this Taehyun and not that Taehyun. Hyung, you can open up things to me and we can talk things out. I don’t have any bad intentions, I just want to help you.”