Chapter 54: Knitting

“And the person who painted this was believed to be a sociopath, he cannot comprehend someone’s feelings but he tried his best to understand someone’s feelings— Taehyun, are you listening?”

I blinked twice and smiles at hyung. “I’m sorry,” I apologized. “But most of the sociopaths can’t feel emotions aside from theirselves, right?” I commented instead and stare at the painting that’s in front of me. “It’s 10-year old already,” I even added after reading the label.

Beomgyu hyung nods, “You’re right but I hope he finally felt it,” he answered. “Where should we go next?”

“Anywhere?”

“How about the ocean park?” he suggested.

“I don’t feel like seeing fish today,” I replied and started walking.

“How about we eat?” he suggested again.

“I’m not yet hungry,” I replied and I heard him sighs so I pause from walking and look at him. “I’m sorry. Should we just eat?”

“What’s the matter? Hmmm?” he checks on me instead and held my hand. “What’s bothering you?”

I chuckle, “Is it that obvious?”

“Yep! So much,” he confirms and laughs. We started walking again while holding each other’s hand. “So tell me, what’s bothering kid?”

“Don’t call me kid,” I glared for second. “Just some things… I keep having weird dreams, hyung. It’s so frustrating,” I speak up.

“Like what?” he asks.

“Deity…” I paused. “Wishes…” I continued and he suddenly paused from walking. “Why?”

“And angels?” he asks.

I think for couple of seconds, “I’m not sure… Why?”

“Nothing,” he smiles. “Maybe those are nothing,” he said and we walk again.

“I hope though? They feel so real,” I commented. “Hyung, what if we already meet before?”

“Like what? Five years ago?” he asks and chuckles bitterly.

“No… way back those years,” I corrected and stares at his eyes. “What if, we already meet each other but we can’t just remember?”

“If we already meet way back then, I should have already recognized you the moment the other Taehyun appeared in my life, get that? It means we didn’t,” he explained.

He’s right. No matter how I think of it, the possibilities are just so low. Someone who was exactly look like me had met Beomgyu hyung already but he failed to recognized and now we’re at this again.

I feel so lost with my thoughts.

“Taehyun,” he calls my name and I felt him gently squeezing my hand. “Tell me what’s going on inside your mind, okay? So I can help you,” he offered with a smile.

No, I don’t want to…

“Sure, right now I’m just confused,” I agreed and we continued walking outside the gallery.

I don’t want to ask for your help because I’m afraid of what I’ll find out. What if I was really that Taehyun you loved? What if I was really the one you loved and left you? I can’t. I don’t wanna know. I don’t want to confirm anything.