Chapter 50: Lies

CHOI YEONJUN

“Taehyun’s about to come back… Right, Deity?”

I didn’t hear any reply from the Highest whose busy walking along the shore of Boderline. I keep my distance of course from him because I know I’m nowhere in his level.

“He’s near…” he said, he may be distant but I can hear his voice right at my ear. “Almost right there.”

“Can he even handle what he’s about to know…” I reckon and sigh. “Anyway, I have a lost soul, right? When am I gonna retrieved that person?” I asked instead.

I saw him stops from walking so I also did the same. “Soon enough… When everything’s ready.”

KANG TAEHYUN

The whole day I just spent it with my family; we did shopping, eat out, and had some fun time. Mr. Lim is right when he said I have the perfect family and I can feel it.

But at the same time, I can also feel that I’m different from them.

“Mr. Lim, can you take me to Gowon High School?” I asked him.

“At this hour?” he asks.

“Yes,” I smile hesitantly. “I’m going back to children’s home tomorrow and I wanted to check out my old school before I leave,” I reason.

“Okay but we’re going back right away, okay? Your mom will get worried,” he allowed me and then he smiles.

The travel time only lasted for 30 minutes. Mr. Lim waited outside and good thing I was able to enter the school despite of being a total outsider.

The class is almost over for the day, so I can already see some kids going home and some are playing on the field. This is also an all-boys school. I started strolling outside, hoping to pick up some memories.

Kang Taehyun?”

I turned around and I saw a man who’s maybe the same as age as me. He’s smiling at me so I hesitantly did the same to him. “Y-you know me?”

“Wow,” he reacted and moves even closer. “So you really lost it all?” he asks. “I’m Park Yun Oh,” he introduced and smiles. “We were classmates before your accident.”

Nice one!

“Hi! I’m sorry if I didn’t recognize you,” I apologize and bow a bit. “I’m actually here hoping if I can regain some of my memories,” I chuckles.

“Oh really?” he nods. “I’m actually a PE teacher in here already, how about you? Do you work or you continue studying again?” he asks.

“I’m working,” I answered. “Then Yun Oh, can I ask for favour?”

“Of course! Hey, you don’t know how much you helped me survived the whole school year!” he exclaimed and he laughs. “I’m really glad that you finally wake up. When you were on coma, your mom didn’t allow us to visit you,” he sighs.

But they said they couldn’t contact any of my friends anymore? What is this?

I nod, “I see… I’m sorry I didn’t know about that,” I replied instead. “Uhm, can you tell me more of what I was before?”

“Of course! I would love too!” he reacted. We then looked for a place, we were on the bench outside the school buildings and we can see the whole track and field where kids are playing. “So what do you wanna know?”