Chapter 3

It's 8:55pm

At the outskirts of Mumbai there is a small cosy yet very lavish looking bar and club, which is surprisingly sparsely full.

Exactly at 8:56 a beautiful figure enters through the doors of this somewhat lavish yet oddly quiet club, adorning a black corset dress with a length reaching a few inches above her knee...hair pulled back in a low elegant bun, simple diamond studs on each ear.... She was really a sight to behold.

Anamika paused at the entrance of the pub. She felt anxious as she witnessed a drastic change in atmosphere in the pub. All of a Sudden, a dozen eyes began to scan her, from top to bottom, left to right. Mostly all men. It definitely wasn't the most comfortable welcome she had received.

She immediately plastered her face with confidence to hide the rush of nerves running inside her and began making her way further into the pub where she could find somewhere a little more private to sit. Alas, she quickly figured that there was very little room for privacy in a pub-regardless of how isolated it may be.

The only seat she could find to sit where should would probably feel most comfortable was on the barstools directly opposite the main drinks bar.

She quickly settled down and then took a few minutes to look around the the club and familiarize herself with the surroundings. This was a very quiet and private club. Anamika's watch was ticking and it had now hit 9:10....Yet Samir was still no where to be seen. Anamika quickly pulled out her phone from her purse to Call Samir.

Anamika: "Hello Samir where are? Its 9:10 and I don't see you anywhere in the pub.

It's not like you to be late."

Samir: "Hey Anu, I was just about to call you. Listen, I'm so so sorry but I've been caught up with an emergency at dispatch center, I'll explain the details tomorrow."

Anamika: "but is everything OK?! Do you want me to come there ?"

Samir: oh No, you do not need to worry, everything here is under control now. But I am really really sorry Anu, I thought I would be able to come there on time but it took longer. I feel terrible for inviting you and not turning up myself.

Anamika: "I told you this isn't a good idea. The situation is always in my favour." They both laugh.

Anamika: "It's ok Samir. I understand. You take care of yourself and I'll meet you at the office on Monday"

She cuts the calls and gives a big sigh. The club was a long distance away from the city and she was tired of the long drive. She really didn't have the energy to drive for such a long duration again.

'I guess there's only one thing that can give me a little energy boost' she thinks to herself. 'A drink'

She politely calls for the bartender. "Excuse me could I get a beer please"

Bartender : "Sure ma'am"

She could feel sleep slowly creeping up on her as her eyes began to flutter. 'One drink definitely won't do the job' she thought.

Anamika: "can you make that 2 please- 2 beers".

Bartender: "no problem ma'am, coming right up" he said with a faint smile.

While the drinks were being prepared, Anamika rested her chin under her hand and slowly dozed off into her thoughts- completely blocking out her surroundings. Her mind drifted from work, to Samir, to her son and all the tasks in-line for her next week. She knew there was going to be another busy week ahead.

All of a sudden a voice coming from her left, shook her out her thoughts. Someone was having a discussion with the bartender. He wasn't speaking very loudly but Anamika could pretty much make out everything he was saying. However it was too dark at the club making it difficult for her to see that man's face clearly.