Chapter 4

Another busy week came by at the Khanna's office and as usual, Anamika was drowning herself in work and meetings. It was a Wednesday afternoon and Anamika was sitting in her office with her eyes glued to her laptop screen as she was analyzing the profit margins of her new project this month.

Just then there was a knock at the door.

Anamika : "come in" she said while her eyes were still stuck on the laptop screen. It was her secretary.

Secretary: ma'am I've managed to schedule a meeting with R&R textiles like you had asked me to. They have agreed for Friday evening.

Anamika: "great. Make sure to have the meeting room ready for Friday then"

Secretary: "but ma'am...they're not coming. They have requested you to come over to their company as they won't be able to bring all their samples here".

Anamika: "Oh God, you know I hate meetings outside my office".

Secretary: "I'm sorry ma'am I tried to persuade them, but they said it was genuinely going to be difficult for them".

Anamika really hated going out to others' offices and preferred people would come and meet her in her own office. But she knew she had no choice.

Anamika: Ok fine. Do you have the details of the address?

Secretary: "yes ma'am" she passed Anamika over a note with the address written on it. "That will be 7:00pm on a Friday ma'am" she smiled and left the office closing the door behind.

Anamika looked at the address. It was located somewhere on the outskirts of the city.

Anamika: "Not again" she murmured as she thought about the long drive she would have to embark on.

After reading the address once more she realized something familiar about it.

Anamika: "where have I seen this address before?" And then her mind clicked. The R&R company was in the same area as the pub she went to last Friday....

At R & R Textile Company

It was 9 pm sharp on a Friday and Anamika had just wrapped up the meeting with the R&R company.

CEO of R&R : we'll I think we have a deal then Ms. khanna! I look forward to working with your company.

Anamkia : likewise. "My legal department will get into contact with you in the next couple of days to finalize the clauses of the contract. And hopefully we can proceed from there on".

CEO of R&R: "of course"

They both shook hands and the CEO escorted Anamika out of his office to her car.

CEO of R&R: No driver Ms. Khanna?

Anamika laughed. "Actually I really don't like anyone else driving me around. I prefer to drive myself".

CEO of R&R : "I must say it's the first time I'm seeing such a high profile business person drive themselves" he sniggered. "But drive safe Ms. Khanna, you have a long journey ahead and it's really dark on those highway roads".

Anamika: "will do. She got into her car and drove off.

After driving for about 25 minutes, Anamika realized that there was an odd screeching sound coming from outside her car. She ignored it for a second but then realized than her car was slowing down all of a sudden- and then it stopped completely after a load scrapping sound.

Anamika: "what the hell!?" She got out of her car to examine the scene. And to her surprise she found that her back car wheel on the left was completely punctured.