Chapter 14

Anamika: "how did you find such a place? I never thought such a place could even exist that too in Mumbai" she said in awe of the views around her.

Rohan: "my dad used to bring me here as a child, years ago. He used to tell me "I'm taking you to another secret world- somewhere where was can be all alone and play together without anyone, any problems and any tensions". And he was right. Throughout my life visiting this place, not a single person has ever come and discovered this place. I used to come here every week with my dad, we used to play hide and seek, we used to play in the river, we used to climb these trees. It was our happy world where none one else could disturb us. "Until he passed away"...he whispered with pain in his voice. "But I never stopped coming here, I still come whenever I feel like, it reminds me of all the good times we spent together. The only good times in my life" Rohan's eyes began to get slightly teary. But he didn't let them flow.

Anamika began to feel hurt for him. She knew what it was like to lose a loved one too. She slowly placed her hand over his hand and caressed it and looked straight into his eyes with deep understanding.

Anamika: "and I'm sure he is looking at you from above and is feeling so proud of his son" she said smiling at him. Rohan tried to change the sorrowful atmosphere, so he changed the topic

Rohan: "Well I'm glad my partner liked this place. I wanted to share it with you because now you have become someone really special to me"

Anamika released her hands from Rohan's' and begins to look nervously around, trying to avoid all eye contact as possible. Rohan notices her disturbed state. He gently held her hands again and calms her down.

Rohan: "Anamika, I need to know, what is stopping you from taking this Friendship forward"

Anamika expressions turned very serious.

Anamika: "I think that we should be asking here is why do YOU want to carry on with this friendship? Why would you want a woman like me to be around you? I'm just an embarrassing, problematic woman with too much to carry on her plate.

Rohan: "Anami..." but Anamika continues to speak.

Anamika: I know you will try to deny all this but you and I both know it's true. Since the day we have met I have created problems for you and put you in awkward situations and you don't deserve any of that. What have I done for you, that you do so much for me?"

Rohan: "Because I-"...

Anamika: you don't deserve any of these burdens Rohan. Let's just carry on as mature individuals and consider our meetings just sheer coincidences. Let's assume the friendship never existed" while saying last line she felt hurt.

Rohan: "you really believe I think of you as burden Anamika?"

Anamika: ofcourse. We both know it Rohan. But let me clarify one thing. I might me problematic, complicated and weird, but I am not THAT kind of woman. I have only respected you and never meant to blur the lines in our friendship".

Rohan knew she was referring to the incident that happened on Friday night at the club.

Rohan: "are you breaking our relationship because of that incident at the club?" Anamika I would never ever blame you for anything especially  what happened at the club. And I would never doubt your character- NEVER -EVER! We all have our moments where we spiral slightly out of control due to our emotional conditions. And that's ok. It happened to everyone. There's no reason to be sorry about it. And please don't feel awkward for what happened. We will just forget about it and move on".

Anamika: "move on? After all that you think I will forget and move on? Our dynamic has changed completely now Rohan.

Rohan: Anamika you were drunk for God sake. It wasn't your fault!" He said Loudly while holding her shoulders. Anamika's eyes darted at him.