Chapter 11

1:45 am struck on Rohan's watch when he eventually drove through the gates of his house. Luckily rain had stopped and slowly sky started filling with stars and the land with moon lights.

It was a 3-storey building, tall in height, made predominantly from large glass windows all around the second and third floors. It had a huge garden.

Rohan stepped out of the car and opened the back seat door. He paused for a second and gazed at how calm and at peace Anamika was. Her eyelids shut, her skin shining under the light of the moon and a few strands of wet hair was laying across her face.

He then gently reached out to her and tapped her on her arm.

Rohan: "Anamika? Anamika, we're home"

Rohan was hesitant to get to close her, fearing that it might make Anamika uncomfortable.

But after all his efforts of trying to wake her, Anamika just winced and could barely open her eyes in this state. Rohan was left with no other choice. He carefully scooped Anamika in his arms, out of the car, and walked towards the front door.

As the door opened, Rohan walked over to the nearest couch in his luxurious yet so cosy, living area and placed Anamika on the couch. At this point she was completely knocked out. Rohan's eyes caught her small body shivering in the layers of wet clothes she was in.

He then took out his phone and dialed his housekeeper, who was stood outside the house

Housekeeper: "yes, sir any problem? Would you like me to come in?

Rohan: "No, no problem of that sort. But I need you to send over 'Tai' from the servant quarter."

Housekeeper: ok sure sir, I'll send her in a minute.

Meanwhile Rohan gently scooped Anamika in his arms again and walked up the stairs towards his bedroom and laid Anamika on large size sofa there.

A few minutes later his maid Tai entered the house. Tai was one of Rohan's longest serving maids. She was an old woman in her late 60s and had taken care of Rohan's home for years now. Rohan would respectfully call her 'Tai' Her hair was a mess, her eyes were half shut. She had clearly just been awakened from sleep.

Maid: "yes, dear what is wrong at this time?" She said rubbing her eyes

Rohan: "Sorry Tai, but I need you to help me out"

Maid: "but first you should get changed. You are soaked, you will catch a cold"

Rohan: "And so will she" Rohan said as he gestured his head towards Anamika. The maids' eyes suddenly enlarged. She was shocked to see a woman in the middle of the night in Rohan's house- that too in his bedroom. Rohan had never brought any one- not even friends of colleagues over- let alone a beautiful woman.

Rohan: "Tai please. She is not conscious enough to do anything. Please change her clothes."

Maid: "Uhhh ok. Don't mind me asking dear, but who is she"

Rohan: "uhhh she's just a colleague. I was driving her home because her car broke down. But then she got dizzy and fell unconscious on the way so I thought I would bring her home"

The maid wasn't buying it. She could tell from miles that Rohan was lying.

Maid: ok dear but I don't have any clothes for her.

Rohan: "Don't worry I will give you some of my clothes. You can dress her in those".

Rohan opened the cupboard and took out a towel, a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt and handed it over to the maid.