Chapter 15

Rohan had taken the opportunity to invite Anamika on a date and she accepted finally. Their first ever date together. Their first ever date at all. They both were so occupied with their work, specifically Anamika who wasn't able to give time to go on a date as she was occupied and really busy with her work. And now finally after almost 2 weeks finally it's a day when they both managed to take a break from work to give enough time for each other.

Rohan was on his way to pick Anamika up from her private apartment and he had never been so excited to see anyone. But there was also butterflies in his stomach just thinking about what Anamika would think about the plans he had for them tonight. He hadn't informed her where they were going and left it as a surprise for her.

Meanwhile Anamika was also slowly feeling nervousness creep up on her. But not for the same reason as Rohan. She was stressing about this whole date. She was constantly over thinking what she should wear, how she should come across, what she should talk about. Anamika had always been a very introverted and private person, she didn't want to upset Rohan with any of her muted reactions. She love him so much but didn't know how to express it. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. And for the final time looked in the mirror to assess how she was looking. Just then her phone began to buzz. It was Rohan's message.

Rohan: "Hey partner ..I'm here. I'm waiting downstairs for you in the lobby. No rush take your time"

She applied a few sprays of perfume, then lifted her purse from the table and made her way downstairs from her apartment.

Meanwhile Rohan was waiting for Anamika downstairs in the very lavish lobby. He was busy scanning the lobby of the apartment and was quiet surprised to see such a fancy lobby located in the city. But he was just trying to distract his thoughts regarding how Anamika would react to his date plans. Suddenly the sound of heels tapping against the marble flooring began echoing around the lobby. They sound was getting louder as the footsteps edged closer.

Rohan slowly turned around to face the huge, grand staircase across the lobby behind him and what caught his eyes left him completely breathless for a few moments.

A stunning figure decked up in a red midi dress. The dress length dropped down beneath her knees and she wore a pair of nude heels to accompany the dress. Her hair was styled with perfect beach waves, where the left side fell in front of her left shoulder. While the right side of her hair was tucked behind her ear exposing her slim collar bone. When she began walking further down from the stairs, her face was begging to enter the light and that's when Rohan fell completely weak- the moment he got a first glimpse of her face tonight. The sparkle in her eyes was evident from miles away, like the eyes of a beautiful doll twinkling with innocence and purity. She was further descending from the staircase in such a graceful manner- so elegantly like a queen walking down her coronation.

Finally Anamika caught Rohan staring at her and stopped for a few second. Rohan slowly walked towards her as if a magnetic force was pulling him closer and closer towards Anamika.

He was finally standing at the end of the staircase, while she was just a few steps up, and he said nothing. He just looked at her with so much admiration and took a deep breath internally to embrace this moment.

Rohan extended his hand towards her, to which she smiled and held. And he slowly helped her down the last few steps of the stairs. They were now standing face to face and Rohan still hadn't let go of her hand.

They just looked into each other's eyes and conveyed so much without saying any words.

Anamika broke the silence

She very gently and quietly whispered "Hi"

But Rohan was still stuck in a trance. He was mesmerized with Anamika's beauty and couldn't hear a word.