𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐒 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍

Ezra

When we arrived at the police station, one officer guided me to a room with a table and two chairs.

I waited for a few minutes before a man walked in with brown hair and dark brown eyes, he was tall and skinny.

"Hi Ezra, I'm Detective Greg, it's nice to meet you." He shook my hand and took a seat opposite of me.

"You too." I mumble.

He looked at something in the file he has in his hands before he looked up at me.

"So, I know this will probably be difficult to talk about, but we have to know what happened when you got home that day." He asked calmly.

"Well, when me and my girlfriend arrived at my home, I went in to get some of my things, but when I walked into the house I smelled this awful smell that I've never smelled before." I explained and swallowed thickly. He nods and waited patiently for me to continue.

"I walked upstairs to my father's room to go and check where he was since he would always be in the living room." I clenched my jaw as I think back to what I saw.

"When I opened his bedroom door I saw him laying on the bed, I thought he was sleeping, but when I switched the light on, that's when I saw the blood." I swallowed since my mouth started to go dry.

"And that's when I saw the bullet hole at the side of his head and the gun in his hand, and that's when I realised he shot himself." I explained to him as best as I could.

All I want to do is run out of here and run back to Valencia's arms where I felt safe, not here where I have to talk about my dead father.

He nods and wrote something down on his notepad that I didn't saw he had when he came in.

"Is it okay if I ask a few more questions?" He asked me and I nod hesitantly.

"How was your relationship with your father?" My heart dropped to my stomach after he asked that.

"If you don't mind I don't want to talk about it." He nods understandably.

"What do you want to do with the body?" I suddenly scoffed.

"You can do with the body whatever you want, I want nothing to do with his funeral." I said annoyed. For all I care they can just dump his body in the trash and I don't care if they do. That's what he deserves.

The detective nod and wrote something down.

"Do you have any other family members that could take you in." He asked and I nod.

"Yes, my aunt doesn't live so far." I lie through my teeth. I'm not going to foster home since I already know Valencia told me I can stay with her after everything that has happened.

"Thank you for coming in Ezra, have a nice day." He says with a smile and walked out of the room.

I let out a sigh of relief when he was gone. Now I don't have to worry about my alcoholic father anymore. He's gone. He's finally gone. Out of my life, where he can't beat me up to a pulp anymore.

Most people will cry about this type of things but I don't. I'm relieved, like a whole weight is lifted up from my shoulders.

It's just sad that my mother had to do what she had done years ago. She could've still be here if it's wasn't for my bastard of a father.

For once in my life I can relax and don't have to stress myself so much about everything. There will be no more bruises to hide, no more long sleeve clothes to wear anymore.

And last but not least have to worry about money for beer and cigarettes. No more stressing myself out for how I'm going to get the money for the rent and groceries. I'm free. I'm finally free from all of those things.

I smile to myself as I walked out of the police station to Val's car. I climbed into the passenger seat and let out a laugh.

Val looked at me weirdly as I continued to laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm finally free, from all of this shit, I'm finally free from him." I said with a beaming smile and Val looked softly at me.

"How do you feel now that everything is over?" She asked with a smile.

"I feel good, like a whole weight is lifted from my shoulders." She grinned.

"Good, now you can meet my parents tonight." As fast as my anxiety was gone it was back again.

Shit.

————————————————————————————————————

~ R