The Argument

Bang Chan X Reader

Theme: Angst & Fluff

Plot: Not spending time with each other is hurtful enough for anyone, but on Bang Chan's last night at home before heading to Japan, he wants to focus on his work rather than spend time with his girlfriend.

First Person

"Chan, please. Can you put the laptop down? You promise me we can have the evening together as it's our last night before your flight tomorrow."

I stood in the living room doorway where my boyfriend of four years was sitting cross-legged on the couch with his laptop placed on his lap, tapping away at his keyboard.

He has been doing this project for hours. It was our last night before he headed to Japan with the boys for fan meetings, concerts, and interviews. I just wanted some time with him that we rarely got.

"We can always watch a movie and cuddle on the couch. I can make us some popcorn, your favorite flavor."

I spoke softly, walking to the couch and sitting beside him, resting my chin on his shoulder. But he just kept typing and clicking away on his laptop. I needed more patience with this.

"Y/n, I would rather do this project than watch a movie. Maybe another time."

"But that is the thing, when will the 'next time' even be?"

I sat back further on the couch, whining. I know whining wasn't the way to go, but if I acted like a brat or something, he would put the laptop down and spend quality time together.

"Y/n, please, just stop. I wanted to finish this."

"But you can finish it on the plane. Let's spend some."

"No Y/n"

"But Chan!"

"I said no! Now go away and give me some peace! God, you are so annoying."

The sudden mood change took me aback. A lump formed in my throat, so I quickly got up from the couch, holding back the tears. I promptly stood up and walked out of the room and upstairs to our shared bedroom.

🅣🅘🅜🅔 🅢🅚🅘🅟

Chan's POV

Finally, I managed to finish this project I had been stuck on for a few months. Tomorrow, I will show Changbin and Jisung, but my focus is on my girlfriend as we only have...I glanced at the clock.

9 pm

"Shit"

I have been at this project since 11 am, and I promised Y/n that we would spend the evening together, but I broke that. I placed my laptop into my bag before quickly hurrying into the kitchen, but she wasn't there.

I headed up the stairs, where I could hear soft whimpers behind the door—knocking softly before twisting the knob, opening the door. There she was, curled up into a ball on the left side of the bed, silently crying her eyes out as her body shook.

"Y/n, my love. I am sorry."

I walked in further. Her body and her crying stopped, almost as if she was trying to hold her tears in. The bed dipped down as I slid in behind her, pulling her back against my chest. 

I was brushing the hair out of her face where tear stains imprinted on her cheeks, the pillow, and the duvet. I felt guilty, as I should. Not only did I shout at her, but I also called her annoyingly and broke the promise I had made her.

"Let me make this up to you."

She shook her head before burying her head in the pillow. I climbed over her before lifting her chin so she could look me in the eyes. Her bloodshot puff eyes closed shut, trying to pull away from my grip, but I didn't let that happen.

Instead, I let down and kissed her tears away, every single one of them.

"I am truly sorry. I love you so much, but that doesn't excuse my behavior. Let me make it up to you."

"H-how?" 

She hiccuped softly, finally looking me in the eyes. I gently pressed my lips softly against hers; we stayed like that for a few moments before I broke away first. I told her to wait there, and I quickly left the room.

I came back into the room after an hour. I rummage through my backpack, holding something behind my back and climbing back on the bed.

"Close your eyes and hold your hand out."

Once she did that, I carefully placed a piece of paper into her hands and told her to open her eyes.

"Is this-"

"The Japan Fan Meeting ticket?"

I nodded smiling. Her face lit up, but that quickly changed into sadness and disappointment. I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"What's wrong, darling?"

"I won't be able to go because of work-"

I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck, looking down, and biting my lip gently before raising my head back up.

"I may have rung your book and got you the whole week off."

"Awe Chan, you shouldn't ha-whole week?"

Her confused face was the funniest but most adorable thing ever. This is one of the many reasons I fell in love with her.

"Yes, you are coming to Japan with me, so we better get you packed."

"OMG CHAN!"

She launched at me, making me fall back onto the bed. Laughter filled the air, holding her close and she kissed my face.

"I love you so much, Chan!"

"Not as much as I love you; I promise to make things up to you."

AU:

Okay, I know this one is shit, but this idea came into my head, and I wanted to pursue it.

I know it's a short-ish oneshot, but I promise you that longer ones are coming soon.