Bedtime Stories

Lee Minho X Reader

Drabble

Plot: Bedtime stories are the best thing in a child's life, so Minho tells a story every night. he knows our son whether it's real or made up.

First Person

"Then, the big brave knight drew out his mighty sword, pointing it directly at the Trossachs beast, ready to save him."

Standing just outside of my son's bedroom, listening to bedtime stories that his dad always tells him.

Whether it's sitting beside him or over the phone, sometimes he pulls out puppets and does a little dance to the story if he decides to add a little musical.

"The brave knight was joined by his seven mighty tall, and some are short, fellow men who also drew their swords."

"'STRAY KIDS! ATTACK!' shouted the bravest leader of the pack before all of them ran towards the horrid beast before fighting. Slaching and poking the monster before it collapses onto the floor in defeat."

Really, babe? That is a tiny graphic for our six-year-old.

"Then what happened, Daddy?" Jae-min squealed, laughing.

Huh, Jae loves every little detail of each story he tells.

"Once the beast was no more. The eight knights jumped onto their horses and galloped towards the abandoned castle where the damsel in distress was waiting for them."

"Did they save her?"

"The bravest knight jumped off his high horse before running towards the princess, pulling out his sword. With one swoosh, the ropes that were tied around the princess's waist dropped to the floor."

"Yey! What did the princess look like!"

"The princess was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She has chestnut brown hair and blue eyes that could take your breath away."

Awe, he is describing me..wait! Did he call me a damsel in distress?!

"That sounds just like mummy!"

"Anyways, the knight scooped her up into his arms before placing her on his horse and riding off in the sunset together."

"Did they ever get married, daddy?"

"The brave knight and the princess fell in love, got married, and lived happily ever after. The end"

A smile spread across my lips, and I took a deep breath before heading back to our shared bedroom, sitting up in bed with the door open.

"Did they have any children? Did the brave knight become king?!"

"Haha, so many questions. All that will be revealed next time."

"Awe, but I want to know now."

"Tomorrow. Goodnight, son, sleep tight."

"Goodnight, Daddy. I love you."

"I love you too."

Minho walked into the bedroom after tugging Jae-min into bed. The bed dipped down beside me as I read my book when I felt his arm drape over my body.

"Beautiful stories, darling, but maybe dial it down to the gory bites, though."

Laughing softly, setting down my book on the nightstand leaning into his touch.

"But why? He loves every little detail and how I describe every story about me, you, and the boys. It's like we go on great adventures."

"But you have Minho, but maybe cut some of the detail out when our little one gets here."

I smiled, placing my hands on top of my 5-month bump, gently smoothing it down. Minho placed his hand on mine before placing a light kiss on my stomach, and at the exact moment the baby started kicking.