Chapter 10

"Whose flowers are these?" Nora asked, lounging casually next to me while filing her nails. The class we shared hadn't started yet.

It was Monday, and I felt like I was dying. The usual.

I had my face buried in my arms on the desk, and if the professor asked, I'd say I was resting my eyes. I turned my head to see the daffodils next to me, along with a bag of gummy bears. I sat up, took the bag, and ate a handful.

"From sugar boy?" she asked with a playful grin, curious for gossip. I nodded.

"This time, they're daffodils. Do you know what they mean?" I ate more gummies, and she shook her head. "Kalem is trying to tell me he wants to start something with me."

"And how do you know so much about flowers?"

"I had to research them for a character I was writing about," I shrugged with a smile.

"So, what's the plan?" She gave me a playful wink.

"Plan for what?" I frowned, and she gave me a serious look. "Oh, you're talking about the brunette. I'm happy just like this, calm, without romantic drama to worry about."

"I get that, but don't you want to add some spice to your love life?" She placed a hand on my shoulder and took some of my gummies. "Are you going to deny that you like sugar boy?"

"I'm physically attracted to him," I clarified.

"And you sure like touching him," she laughed, and I remained silent while smiling inside. "Or are you going to tell me what happened with you two at the party on Saturday because you disappeared for quite a while?"

"We did it in the bathroom," I said, eating another handful of gummy bears to avoid talking. Nora's mouth dropped open, surprised.

"Heather Monserrat, where's my juicy gossip?!" She shook me by the shoulders, and I just smiled without giving her any details. "Once again, eating your sweets in secret," she said, and I laughed.

"It was the best hookup I've had so far. That's all I'll say," I set the bag aside and took a quick glance at the flowers. "The guy is hot; I'm not going to deny it, blonde."

"And he sure looks innocent," she let out a nasal laugh.

"And he plays that role well," I murmured with a sideways smile.

"Heather Scott!" She burst into laughter. The blonde knew me well and was used to this kind of comment from me, especially after reading spicy books that she'd later borrow. "I've seen it all! Now I'll have to start finding names to ship you two."

"Stop it, crazy," I gave her a gentle push on the shoulder.

"I'll have to place my bets with Charles right now," she quickly pulled out her phone to send him a message, and I just shook my head.

(...)

I went looking for Kalem around the university campus, but I couldn't find him. I had sent him messages, but the brunette hadn't replied. So, I opted to ask his cousin.

Heathernatic: Scientist, I have another question.

Charles: I'm working with dangerous substances, but go ahead, writer.

Heathernatic: Do you know where I can find your cousin?

Charles: If he's not training, I'm sure he's in the university's greenhouse.

Heathernatic: The greenhouse?

Charles: Your sugar boy is part of the gardening club.

Heathernatic: I had no idea.