Final Chapter | Part 1

There was a celebration at my house.

It was my grandmother's birthday, and all my family came to stay for the weekend to celebrate. Oh no, that meant having all my cousins and aunts in the same place. The party and chaos that ensued were enormous.

"Tomás and Matías! How did you find my old dolls? Wait! How did you get into my room when I locked it?" I scolded them when I saw them coming down the stairs with them in their hands, then they ran off with smiles on their faces.

"Sorry, cousin!" Tomás shouted.

"We'll borrow them, thanks!" said Matías, and then they disappeared from my sight.

I let out a sigh just as the doorbell rang. Opening the door, I found a handsome, smiling brunette.

And he was my boyfriend.

And the little whirlwind was by his side, carrying the gift box.

"Hello, my little writer of a girlfriend," he said, approaching me, passing one of his hands around my waist to plant a kiss on my lips.

"Eww! I'd better go," the little one made a disgusted face and when he looked at my two cousins in the distance, who were fighting over a doll, he gave the gift to Kalem and went to them. "Hi, I brought more toy cars to make deals!"

I laughed because Tomás and Matías left the doll aside and each put their arm around the little one's shoulders, interested in what he had just said.

"Let's see, show us the merchandise, kid," said Matías as they took him away.

"Something tells me we shouldn't lose sight of them, but my grandmother wants to see you so let's go to the backyard," I took his hand and we walked towards the door.

"You mean my political grandmother wants to see me," he smiled like the sweet guy he was and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

When we stepped out into the backyard, where the party was and the decoration was beautiful, all eyes from my family and friends fell on us and our joined hands. I didn't like being the center of attention, but Kalem seemed to be smiling as if he was delighted that everyone saw us together.

"Heather brought her boyfriend!" shouted one of my aunts.

A deja vu came to me, and memories of that party where Kalem met my family for the first time flashed through my head. Everyone started clapping and raising their glasses as if it were a toast for the newlyweds. I shook my head as I closed my eyes. I felt embarrassed.

"My little bud and my little bud's boyfriend!" said my grandmother excitedly when we reached the table where she was with my parents, some gossiping aunts, and cousins who couldn't stop giving looks to Kalem.

I couldn't blame them, the brunette was as handsome as they come.

She extended her arms and the sugar lump bent down to give her a hug.

"How nice, young man," she spoke, patting his forearm, and I couldn't help but smile.

Kalem had that effect on people, which had worked on me.

He greeted everyone at the table and then we sat down.

"It's a pleasure to see you," he gave one of his charming smiles as he handed her his gift. I was sure he knew the effect he caused when he smiled that way; I could hear my cousins sigh.

"Where's the little devil who's always around you?" she asked, not letting go of the brunette's gift.

"He's around here playing with Heather's cousins."