Final Chapter | Part 2

The night had fallen, yet the party continued. Almost everyone was dancing on the patio dance floor, including Kane, who had polished off two bottles of tequila with Grandma. Now, the two of them were dancing amidst the crowd, each with a bottle in hand. It was amusing to watch, even my aunts and my mom had joined them, singing at the top of their lungs.

My feet were aching from all the dancing, so I told Kalem I was going to change my shoes, and he wanted to accompany me.

"Do you want me to carry you, little writer?" he offered with his trademark good-boy smile as we entered the house.

"No, I can walk just fine, look," I said, wiggling my feet, and he chuckled.

"But I want to," he insisted, touching my cheek with a playful grin, so I darted ahead and ran upstairs. "Heather del Socorro, let me carry you in my arms, I just want to be a good boyfriend!" I heard him laughing as he followed me swiftly.

When we reached my room, I sat on the edge of the bed to catch my breath. Kalem came in and closed the door behind him.

"You're wicked, Heather Scott," he said, a smile playing on his lips, and I winked at him.

The brunette knelt before me, and I smiled as I felt his hands take off my shoes. His touch was gentle, just like him, and he did it in a slow and sweet manner that I loved. I ran my hand through his hair, never taking my eyes off him.

"You're a good boyfriend, Kalem," I said, recalling his earlier words. He finished taking off my shoes and looked up at me, his sky-blue eyes shining brightly.

"Am I? Well, I know I am, but I like it when you say it," he said, his eyes sparkling.

Unable to resist, I pinched his cheeks, and he took the opportunity to kiss me on the lips.

Kalem was everything that was right, and I felt lucky to have found him at that party. Who would have thought I'd be grateful for falling off that table? Blessed fall.

Kalem Taylor and Heather Scott.

I liked how our names sounded together, and I wanted it to stay that way for a long time.

"Is that better?" he asked, referring to the shoes.

"Much better," I nodded as I ran my hands through his hair, he still knelt on the floor.

"Do you want to go back to the party?" His eyes were closed; he always did that when I played with his hair.

"No, not yet. Let's stay here for a while."

He nodded without opening his eyes.

"What if we sit by the window?"

"Like that time?" He opened his eyes and smiled, getting up, then took my hand. "Let's go, but don't fall."

"I still think you're afraid of heights, Taylor."

"I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid you'll get hurt." He hugged me from behind as we walked towards the window.

"Then don't let go of me."

"I'm not going to, little writer." He kissed my cheek, and a smile spread across my lips.

We opened the window and sat on the ledge with our feet on the roof. Kalem helped me, never letting go of my hand, staying close to me to keep me safe. I enjoyed feeling the wind on my face and in my hair, both of us remained silent, admiring the star-filled sky that night.

"I love this," I heard him say.

"Me?" I smiled sideways, making him laugh.

"Of course you do." He put his hand behind my neck and leaned in to kiss me; this time, I was the one smiling in the middle of the kiss. "I was going to say that I love being here sitting with you, watching the stars, being here with Khaled, my friends, your friends, and your family. You don't know how lucky I feel to have met you, Heather." He stroked my hand, which he still hadn't let go of, with his thumb.