CAST && PROLOGUE

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄɪɴɢ... ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴇʏᴇꜱ

jenessa lee jayde

jenessa lee jayde

played by liza (ugh_liza on ig)

21, female, bisexual, sagittarius, im yours by isabel larosa

paige madison bueckers

played by herself

21, female, lesbian, libra, hotel room by montell fish

jenessa + paige

jenessa + paige

pb&j

those eyes by new west

"JENESSA JAYDE has been an incredible force these past few years, hasn't she Julia?" Bruce Stone said as he turned to his fellow commentator. "Why yes she has Bruce, however we all know she's always been. But pairing her up with Caitlin Clark was one of Iowas smartest moves, those two have been on fire since freshman year!" Julia Wallen smiled as the two were being recorded, they were currently the live commentators for the IOWA vs. EVANSVILLE game.

"And we are back from halftime! Let's see who they're sending out..." Bruce exclaims while they watch intently, the players jogging onto the court.

"Iowas sticking to what they know, Clark, Jayde, Martin, Warnock, and Marshall. Things seem to be looking good as these girls are immersed in the game." Julia and Bruce continue to comment on the game and what each players doing.

"Clarks got the ball, shes looking for an opening but Sinclair is on her- sneaky pass to Jayde! Thats what we're talking about, Jayde wasn't even looking at Clark but she knew that ball would be in her hands, she goes in for a layup-" Bruce gasps.

"Jayde goes down, Sinclair rammed right into her mid-air.. Her coaches and teammates have surrounded her. I think that scream will forever haunt us all, oh theres the athletic trainer." Julia continues to read out whats going on. The cameras zoom in on Caitlins face.

"And Caitlin, god she looks worried." Bruce says as the cameras then flip to Jenessa being carried off the court and out of the gym.

-

That moment changed Jenessa's life forever, she rode the bench for the rest of her sophomore season after an unclean break in her left ankle. Going through two separate surgeries to fix it, no one believed she'd ever play again. Not even her coach and some of her teammates, but she knew, she knew one day she'd be back on that court for her comeback.

June 19th, 2023.

"Cait- i got cleared." Jenessa says as her best friend walks through the door to her apartment. Her face immediately dropping. "No way, really?" Caitlin gasps in complete shock.

"Yeah, I can play, I can actually play Cait!" The two girls squeal and Jenessa leaps off the couch, making a b-line towards Caitlin and jumping into her arms.

July 26th, 2023.

"You're leaving..." Caitlins head hung low, voice cracking as tears threatened to spill. "I know babe but- we both know, Iowa isn't my home anymore. None of them believe I can get back to where I was..."

"I believe, I know you can JJ." Caitlin looks up into Jenessas eyes, the two sat on Caitlins couch, wrapped in blankets while eating a tub of ice cream. "But, I know you cant stay here, you wont improve. Not while knowing most of them don't believe like I do." She sighs, sniffling and wiping a tear away.

"We'll facetime as much as possible, no matter how far apart we are, you'll always be my number one Cait. We wont loose this bond, its too strong." The shorter girl rubs her best friend's arm, tears running down her cheeks as well. Both of them knew it was for the better, and that nothing would change other than the team they played on and the distance between them.

"So, Connecticut then huh?" Caitlin jokes, lightening the mood as Jenessa smirks. "Im gonna make Uconn my bitch, you can count on that." Playfully winking.

DENNY'S CORNER

ahhh im so excited for this

writing era returns?

vote and comment it gives me

motivation!

paige is the loml i cannootttttttt

warning !!

i have very little basketball knowledge, so im sorry if its not 100% correct

and this story may contain smut if i feel like it 🤷‍♀️