CHAPTER TWO.

AFTER SEEING Paige in her dorm room, and finding out they were roommates, Jenessa left before Paige could even say a word, leaving all her bags and belongings in the entrance.

The only things she had on her were her airpods and phone, immediately running to the elevator and jumping in before Nika could catch up with her, she put in her airpods and began blasting her music to try and drown out any thoughts.

Once Jenessa left the dorm building, she began wandering around, having zero idea where she was or where she was going. She spotted a coffee shop after about fifteen minutes of walking around, and went in, ordering a cold brew and plopping down in a seat.

Incoming call from: Nika!

Jenessa sighed. Decline..

She scrolled on her phone aimlessly for awhile, sipping on her drink, before deciding to call Caitlin.

Caitlin immediately answered and started asking how her flight was, who she'd met, if she liked it, etc. Jenessa waited until Caitlin stopped, realizing she hadnt said a word yet.

"You good Nessa?" Caitlin asked, with slight worry in her voice.

"Yea- well, no. Paige is my roommate Cait.." Jenessa sighed, putting her phone down flat on the counter as Caitlin was hooked up to her airpods, dragging her hands down her face.

"Oh babes, can you switch roommates? Maybe dorms?" Clark tried to come up with solutions. "Doubt it, I dont wanna bother trying, itll cause a ruckus." The brunette began playing with the tips of her wavy hair.

"Where are you?" Caitlin asked, hearing people talking in the background.

"No fucking clue, I walked around for 15 minutes not knowing where I was headed, after I saw Paige- I just left." Jenessa laughed, rolling her eyes at herself. "Listen JJ, I know that you and Paige ended on a rocky note, but you knew she'd be at Uconn and you were going to have to clear the air, maybe this is good?" Caitlin said, trying to reason with her best friend knowing exactly how she'd respond.

"Well yeah duh, but my plan was to only acknowledge her on the court, and avoid her like the plague she is for the rest of the time." Jenessa shifted in her seat, taking another sip of the coffee she bought.

"You and I both know that a good team is connected, have bonds off and on the court." Caitlin scoffed, done with the girls stubbornness. "I can have great friendships with everyone else, Paige and I hating each other wouldn't have any impact on the team." Jenessa groaned, unwilling to admit her plan wouldnt work.