Chapter 38

"What is it, Wonwoo?" Miran tilted her head. There was nervousness growing inside her. Those words he just spoke are very dangerous in between a friendship.

"I- Oh gosh!" He groaned and faced the elevator wall before punching the wall multiple times.

She went silent and leaned against the other side of the elevator. Her hands were twirling around her hair that had grown to her chest.

"Okay!" He sighed and turned around. "Why did you move away?"

"Because I'm scared that you will kill me." She smirked.

"That joke is old now." He cleared his throat. "It's about my job."

"Oh, yes. You left me hanging." She put her hands down and put them in front of her stomach before interlocking them together.

"I'm an idol."

"What?" She tilted her head with a confused face.

"I'm a K-pop idol! Jeon Wonwoo, the rapper from Seventeen!" As soon as he spilled that, the weight from his shoulders was lifted.

"Hold on hold on!" She raised her hand. "Jeon Wonwoo from Seventeen?"

"Yes." He nodded. She took out her phone and searched his name on the internet. His face popped up along with loads of information about him.

"What the fuck?!" She snapped her head up with wide eyes. "So, all this time- Jeon Wonwoo, you are a fucking celebrity?!"

"I'm sorry." He hung his head low and nodded.

"Jeon Wonwoo, what the fuck?" She couldn't process the big bomb that he dropped over it. She was holding her head while scrolling through his profile. "That's really you."

"I'm sorry." He suddenly got on his knees and hung his head low. "The guilt inside me wasn't erasing no matter how much I tried to ignore it. I know everything about you but you didn't even know a basic thing about me."

"Wonwoo- stand up!!" She closed her phone and was about to run to him but the elevator door opened.

They turned their heads and saw a few men standing there.

"Wonwoo is confessing the truth." Mingyu said as he looked at the situation.

"Good luck." Seungcheol gave him a thumbs up as the elevator door closed again. Miran looked down at Wonwoo who was continuously pressing the close button.

"Stand up!!" She demanded up and grabbed his shoulders. "Please stand up."

"No." Wonwoo shook his head. "I made a mistake which was not small at all."

"You didn't make any mistakes, Wonwoo!" She moved away but held her forehead. "I can understand your concern of hiding the fact that you- uh! You are a celebrity!"

Wonwoo sat down on the ground properly and covered his face. "I'm sorry."

"Wait, are you crying??"

"Why would I cry?" He looked up at her in confusion. "I'm just embarrassed to look at you."

"Okay, hear me out." She also sat on the ground and crossed her legs. "I'm not dumb and not that much angry. I'm just- shocked."

"Not that much angry? So, you are angry?"

"Of course, I am!" She slapped her knee. "I'm angry because you didn't tell me earlier. It makes me think that you don't trust me."

"Seungcheol said the same words. He was right." Wonwoo sighed.

"But I can understand. I have seen celebrities wanting a friend that doesn't know about them because they will like them for what they are, not for their fame."