Chapter 58

Miran shifted in her sleep, feeling something on her bed. It was a vibration from her phone. She half opened her eyes and looked around for her mobile.

As she grabbed it, she squinted her eyes from the brightness and looked at the person calling him.

"Wonwoo?" She mumbled in a sleepy voice before accepting the call. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Wonwoo, are you crying?!" She instantly sat up on her bed with wide eyes.

"No?"

"I can clearly hear it, Wonwoo." She ran her hand through her hair to straighten her bed hair. "Are you at your house?"

"I'm actually in your basement parking."

"Wait there. I'm coming." Removing her phone from her ear, she cut the call and rushed to wear clothes.

She was scared. She had never heard that weak tone from Wonwoo. There was a faint sob when he had picked up the call, which she heard.

Miran looked around the parking lot and spotted the familiar car. She ran towards the car and knocked on the window.

Wonwoo looked at the side and saw Miran. He unlocked the door and opened it. She instantly sat inside and closed the door.

"What happened?" She panted because of the way she rushed there. Her worried eyes were staring into his droopy and tired eyes.

"I don't know." He removed the belt from his body and moved the seat behind to create more legroom. "I don't know, Miran."

He removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

"Did you fight? Did someone say something?" She turned her body fully towards him and started asking him questions.

"It's just...too much." His shoulder started shaking up and down as he bit his lower lip. "Everything feels like a mess." He shook his head.

"Wonwoo..." She shifted closer to him and grabbed his arm. He crossed his arms and looked outside the window as tears rolled down his cheek.

"I'm just stressed...nothing else. The work is getting over me." He sobbed. Miran looked down at his arm before giving him a gentle squeeze.

"Do you want a hug?" She whispered. He didn't have a second thought before he turned to her and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

He put his head on her shoulder as his shoulders shook uncontrollably. Miran's arm snaked below his arms as she hugged him back.

The car had a silent atmosphere except there were soft sobs from Wonwoo.

"I seriously didn't know where to go. Mingyu is also having a hard time. Seeing him so down made me want to cry more."

"It's okay, Woo. I'm here." Miran closed her eyes as she started to rub her hand up and down on his back. "I'm happy you chose to come here."

Wonwoo hugged her tighter as he buried his face in her neck. She felt warm liquid gazing at her skin. Her heart shattered at his state.

She also felt like crying after seeing him so vulnerable in her arms at one in the morning. He was clearly trying to control his loud sobs.

But at the same time, she was happy. It was the first time Wonwoo had opened up in this way in front of her. He had shown sadness but he always controlled it.

It would be always her crying in front of him. Even when they fought or when she was sick. There were many times she had cried and he had always comforted him.