11

Eliana

As I worked on my glam my club phone beeped twice without letting a beat pass in between them. I eyed it before hesitantly picking it up to see who beeped me.

It was DeLeón, he wanted me to meet him. Now.

I finished up my glam, knowing it would be better incase what he wanted cut into my prep time. My club phone beeped again and I checked to see it was him again. I sighed softly, knowing he would drill me for it. I beeped back a quick response and left the dressing room heading to the elevator.

As I rode up to his office floor I could still see the strings of when the boys decorated the elevator. I chuckled to myself and held my club phone tighter as my chest filled with something warm. I hope they needed me as much as I needed them.

I turned the corner into the lobby and slowed down my steps, the energy a bit off. The usual blonde at the desk smiled at me, "Just wait here for him, he's in a meeting he'll be done soon sweetie." I sat down in the chair wondering why he beeped so frantically if he was in a meeting. I silently thanked myself for finishing up my glam despite his persistence to make it here immediately.

The door opened and I looked over to see a group of men slowly walking out of his office. Most of them had on all black, a few mixing it up with white dress shirts underneath black vests. They walked with a menacing energy and the ammunition that they packed didn't make it better. Their energy reminded me of the man during my first time at the bar. You didn't have to look them in the eye to know how dangerous they were.

"What do we have here?" One of the men drifted from the line and stood in front of me. He smiled and I tried my best to not let my nose turn up in disgust at the sight of his teeth. Though he looked young in the face and body his teeth appeared to have lived years before him. "Am I going to see you on the stage tonight?"

I shrugged holding back my tongue from saying something slick. I didn't want my cheek to end up with a bullet hole, it'd ruin my look. "Eliana come."

I stood up, trying my best to avoid brushing past the man in front of me. Despite my effort it was no use. He grabbed onto my arm and a heat rushed up my face in panic, "Eliana, what a nice name beautiful." He eased me now that I was fully standing, "And such a curvaceous figure, how much for a night?"

"I'm not for sale bitch." I refused to be sold off for sex once again, I was young and stupid then, not now.

His nostrils flared and his grip on my arm with his rough callous hand became tighter, "What did you just call me you whore?"

I didn't let up the eye contact between us, I was being stupid letting my anger get the best of me. "I don't think my nephews would appreciate your hold on their little girlfriend." DeLeón muttered but the guy only huffed.

He eased me with red in his eyes, "I don't give two shits about blonde boy or the hot head brunette."

"I don't appreciate your hold on my dancer, let her go before I make you Ronaldo." He immediately let me go and I walked over to DeLeón wanting to get as far away from him as possible. "Control your men." His eyes looked over at a man who was watching a couple of paces forward, I didn't notice him before.

Ronaldo scoffed walking away, "Control your bitch."

Once they were out of sight I turned to DeLeón, "I'm so sorry I let my anger get the best of me, I should've kept quiet I know I'm sorry."

He sighed and pointed, "Don't let them see that." I looked down at my arm to see it turning a bright red. The mark was the shape of the man's hand. I covered it walking into his office and he closed the door behind us, "I don't blame you." He took a seat at his desk, "I would've slapped the son of a bitch."