18

Eliana

I stared at my club phone as it laid on my vanity in front of me. The more I stared at it the more disfigured it became, it began to take on the shape of a gun. I reached forward to grab it and could feel my finger on the trigger ready to take a shot. I pressed, "Eliana." I blinked out of my thoughts and realized I was holding the club phone to the mirror like a gun, "You okay?"

I put my club phone down and rubbed my sweaty hands down my thighs, "Always."

Hazel sat down in her vanity next to mine unwrapping a piece of candy, "It's okay not to be." She popped it in her mouth, "I mean you went through something bad, if you can't dance tonight I'm sure DeLeón would—"

"I'm fine." I stressed, not knowing if I was trying to convince myself as well. "I'm fine." I stood up from the vanity taking my club phone, "I just need some water."

I walked out of the dressing room and took a deep breath, exhaling out of my mouth. I was alive and back home, I was fine. I snatched a cup out of the tube and held it under the water dispenser. As I was taking sips refilling it repeatedly I felt someone snake their arms around my waist. I panicked long enough for my heart to make my body to jump, turning around quickly. Peter's eyebrows pulled together at my alarmed state, "Hey, you okay Eliana?" I wrapped my arms around him in a hug tiptoeing, crushing the empty cup under my closed hands. "It's alright I'm here baby."

I let my eyes close and inhaled his scent through my nose. I rubbed my face in his shoulder as he held me tighter, "Thank you."

He pulled back and stared at me, his grey eyes quickly scanning my entire face. He put a hand on my cheek cupping my jaw, "Anything for you baby, anything."

I wanted to ask him to go back out there, to find the guys that did this, and to kill them. To kill all of them. I forced back the vengeful thoughts in my head, knowing it was wrong. It was wrong to risk their lives. Frisco was coming, they needed to be here.

There was the ding of the elevator and we both looked over to see Patrick and some other men coming off of it. Patrick eased us with a big smile as he approached us, "Without me guys, no fair." The rest of the men continued to walk out of the hallway.

"We would never." I half whispered as he got closer reaching down to give me a kiss on the forehead. I looked between the both of them, "You're leaving?"

Peter nodded, "Our Uncle wants us to go check out this huge warehouse some hours away. He thinks Estrada could be hiding there. So we're taking a big group out so we could overwhelm them there, an ambush."

I didn't like the sound of it, it felt like they were walking into a possible trap. I bit down on the inside of my lip, "Are you sure it sounds risky..."

Patrick ran his fingers halfway through my hair, massaging the back of my neck. "I hate when you worry your pretty little head baby." I relaxed against his touch, "We have guys watching the place up until now, they've seen the men going in and out. It's legit."

I opened my mouth to say something but Peter immediately shut it with a finger on my mouth and a kiss on my lips. "Nothing more, you need to focus on dancing. That's all you have to do for us tonight baby."

Patrick slowly removed his hand from the back of my neck, "Understood?"

"I understand." I grabbed both of their arms feeling their muscles underneath their dress shirts, "I'll miss you both when you're gone, who will I dance for?"

I looked up at them innocently and they both bit their lips looking down at me with hungry eyes, "No one." Peter put his hand under my chin and I could feel my heart swell in my chest, "You fix your eyes on a spot on the wall and you look at it the entire time."