19

Eliana

"Right here." He forced us down on our knees after tying up our hands behind us. "Get down."

Hazel was sobbing all the way through as we were tied up and put against the wall. I would've done something to escape but if I failed, he would kill her. She would die because of me, and a lot of people already have. The only reason they came here is to get me for Frisco.

Ronaldo walked over to the dead men checking their bodies, "You know when I first saw that bounty, I immediately recognized it was you." He looked back at me, "Because I cemented in my mind that I would kill you after that night in DeLeón's office." He grunted as he pushed a couple of them to the wall, "I thought of your face day and night, making sure that if I ever saw you I would make sure to blow your head off." He looked back opening his arms wide with a smile and I lifted my top lip in disgust, "I'm a lucky man aren't I?"

"You're a dead man walking." He lifted his gun at me and I balled my hands into fists in the restrains behind me. I hated how powerless I was against the wall.

"That mouth on you is something else!" He laughed and tucked his gun away, "Maybe that's why Estrada's rewarding so much for you to be back in his arms, he lost his little bundle of fucking attitude."

There was a thud sound and Ronaldo picked up one of the rifles off the floor. He held it the direction of the sound glancing back at us. "You." He pointed at Hazel, "Come here." She didn't move an inch and he stalked in her direction, "What did I just say?"

I got up, "No, take me!" He was going to use her as a shield, "Take me instead!" He pushed me back down on the floor and bunched his hand in my hair so that I couldn't move as he held me to his face.

I could hear Hazel sobbing loudly beside us. He began speaking and I held my breath, "Do you not realize how much you're worth you stupid whore?" My body was burning with anger, "The Asian bitch isn't worth shit to me and you wouldn't have been either. But the boss man just has to claim that bounty, his greedy ass has to just have it all never—"

His next words were cut off by his head being blown up by a gun. I closed my eyes as his blood splattered all over my face, his grip on my hair becoming loose. I looked over to see DeLeón coming down the hall with a cigar on his lips and a shotgun in his hand. He adjusted the shades on his face, "You girls alright?"

I nodded slowly but Hazel got up and ran to him. My eyebrows jumped a bit at the way he held her as she sobbed in his chest. Although Hazel was tall, DeLeón easily made up for the height enveloping her perfectly. I stood up slowly, "This is all because of me."

DeLeón sighed, "Don't start blaming yourself, accusations are only valid when I make them." He helped free us out of the restraints and I walked over to the bounty paper on the floor, bringing it to him in one piece. "Fuck."

"It's not her fault." Hazel sobbed as she pulled back from DeLeón, "Please don't kick her out, we're all she has against those men."

He pumped his shotgun, "I don't even know who's responsible for the attack on the club. I didn't even know about it until a couple of minutes ago." He looked between the both of us, "I can't even imagine how it looks inside the club...they know protocol."

"The guy from your office that I...antagonized." I gestured my head over to his dead body, "That's him."

DeLeón went over to double check, "A bounty reward retrieval is so low for the Gomez's." He scoffed and kicked Ronaldo's body, "I should've known they would jump on the first opportunity to attack us." He headed in the direction of the club and I doubled back for Hazel's gun before joining him, "Come on."