Part 24: Confrontation

"Oli, pakibigay nga kay Lolo ang cellphone please."

"Naku pagagalitan ka na naman nito eh," Oliver replied, worry evident in his voice pero wala naman syang nagawa kundi ibigay ang phone kasi sumenyas si Lolo nila na ibigay sa kanya. Seryoso ito kaya Oliver didn't dare to contest his point.

Alden was sure that their Lolo is on the other line already kaya hindi na sya nagsayang ng panahon. Malapit na kasi mag-take off and eroplano. "Lo-"

"Bakit ba tumawag ka na naman Richard Faulkerson Jr?! I told you already na okay na ako. Call me again and I will disown you."

"Grabe ka naman Lolo, disown agad?! I'm just worried about you."

"Okay na nga si Lolo. Wag ka na mag-alala, okay? Nandito si Oliver pati mga magulang mo. Mamaya maya lang pati ibang mga pinsan mo nandito narin. I have enough people to take care of me already. Di pa ako mamamatay."

"Lo! Ano ba naman.."

The Faulkerson patriarch laughed. "Enjoy your vacation with your wife. Good bye, RJ. Don't call again."

.

.

.

Alden's POV

As soon as the cab pulled over, I half-ran ran to Plaza Athénée's reception area. I planned to surprise Kathryn that's why I had to get another access card to the suite. When I got it and the bell boy took my luggage, I checked her private IG. Walang bagong story. She might be asleep still.

When the elevator opened, I saw Lia standing before the suite. Surprise was an understatement. "RJ..." it came close to a whisper. There was shock to her face, fear and emotions I couldn't name. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You refused to talk to me so I'm here to tell your wife about us," she replied with a straight face.

"Naririnig mo ba ang sarili mo, Lia?"

"The nerve of you, RJ." She didn't yell but she said that with full of spite and pushed me.

"Look, Lia. Kung anuman yung namagitan sa atin noon, let's leave that in the past."

"Since when did you realize you're not scared of marriage, huh?"

I had to stop the bellboy from taking my luggage inside the suite. "I'll take it from here. Thanks." Magalang naman na sinunod nito ang sinabi ko.

"I was never scared of marriage, Lia. I wasn't just ready that time." I am really working on my patience at this point.

"Really? So if I ask you to marry me now, will you?"

"I am a married man, Lia. And for Pete's sake you are marrying Cole!"

"Wrong answer, RJ. You should've told me you don't love me anymore."

"Don't do this."

"I called the wedding off."

"What? That's insane!"

"Insane? I'll tell you what's insane, RJ. Marrying for business is insane! You're not even in a relationship with Kathryn! You two are just faking your marriage!"

"How did you know about it?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Just leave, Lia. I'm tired."

"You know your way to me, RJ."

"There is no reason for me to walk that path, Lia. I did it once but no, I'm never doing that again. I am happy with my life right now and I don't care about what you've discovered. Sa amin na ni Kathryn yun. Kaya please, leave her alone."

"Let's see where that marriage takes you," she smirked.

"I am warning you."

We heard the elevator opened and a furious Cole attacked me. Naisahan ako sa kaliwang panga pero hindi na ako lumaban. Pinsan parin sya ni Kathryn kaya kinontrol ko ang sarili ko. "Bring your girlfriend with you, Cole, and leave."

At ewan ko rin ba bakit ko pa sila sinamahan sa baba. Wala kaming kibuan sa loob ng elevator pero nang marating namin ang groud floor, hindi na ako lumabas. "I'd appreciate it if you spare my wife from all this drama," I said and bid farewell.

.

.

.

Right after the lift ascends, I received a call and fuck my heart pounded. "You're here!" Kathryn chirped from the other line. "This is your luggage so don't you dare lie, RJ."

"On my way now to you, wife," I replied.

"You're so... hmmm..."

"Hmmm?" I contain my excitement and when the lift reached the 5th floor where the royal suite is located, excitedly, I run to her, my heart pounding like a drum. Tangina lakas maka-teenager ng nararamdaman ko ngayon. I literally counted the hours until this very moment and damn how right these hopeless romantics are when they said that words cannot express how we feel sometimes so I just bridged the gap between us. I never thought that a single kiss could hold a world of emotions... my heart races, time seems to slow down every time I'm with her. I giddied feeling her smile as I kissed her again. I had to pull away because I needed to see her face. "Good morning, wife." Parang aatakehin ata ako sa puso sa sobrang ganda ng nakikita ko.

"Grabe crush na crush mo talaga ako, noh?" she flashed that amusing grin again.

"Oh, you have no idea, Mrs. Faulkerson." She squealed when I carried her to our room. "I missed you so much it hurts."

In this room, time flowed differently. Aware of the beauty this royal suite offers, it still couldn't compete with how glorious my wife looks and feels like. This place became extraordinary because of her. She's home and paradise rolled into one. My home, my paradise.

I laid her down gently, the weight of my long travel lifted, replaced by the warmth of her embrace. Oh, how I love her embraces. We reveled in the quietude, knowing that the beauty of Paris beyond our door could wait.

She unbuttoned my shirt. "I guess this should go," she whispered.

"Definitely," I replied and let her.

_______

A/N

Oh mga kapatid, isasara ko na ang pintuan at bawal tayo sa loob. Hahaha <3 Thanks for reading!