Part 27: Do It Scared

Back to Present Time

April 2024

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Nasa tatlong oras na silang magkasama and Kathryn is acting like she wasn't just cursing Alden the entire evening 2 days ago. She's real cool about everything today actually which, for Alden, isn't a good thing. His wife is vocal when mad. This is not the Kathryn he knows.

She takes care of him since he arrived last night. Though kind of shocked that he joins them despite his busy schedule, she really was putting the effort to make him comfortable around her cousins. No one even dared to bring up the topic about the circulating dating photo of Alden and his co-producer.

"Ayos ka lang?" Kathryn asked him while she's preparing her cousins' drinks at the yacht. Hindi nya tinitingnan si RJ.

"Ah yeah, ayos lang, having fun. You need help?"

"Hindi na. Be our guest," she handed him a glass of the cocktail she made and excused herself. "I'll just talk to Cole."

Tumango si Alden and pinagkasya nalang ang sarili na uminom at i-enjoy ang mga nakikita nya. Malapit na ibaba ang anchor. Mag-uumpisa na ang water activities ng mga cousins-in-law nya.

"Kuya," tawag sa kanya ng pinakabatang Bernardo, "can I have what you're having?"

"Absolutely... not."

"18 na ako next month eh."

"Patience is a virtue, Kristoff."

"Sus. Punta ka sa birthday ko, Kuya."

"Never missing it for the world."

"Ayos!" Nag-apir silang dalawa.

Halos lumuwa ang mga mata nya when Kat went back kasi naka two-piece swimsuit nalang to. It's really skimpy he thought she's too hot to handle. "Pakilagyan naman ako ng sunblock," she asked him.

"Sure."

He didn't see the smug in Kathryn's face.

.

.

.

______

Alden's POV

How is my wife flaunting all her glory and not talking to me in her usual? She asked her cousin to give me his camera so I will be taking photos of them. I want to be with her right now pero hindi ako makapagswimming kasi mukhang ayaw nya.

"Pwde na ba ako magswimming?!" I asked in a loud voice.

"Paano mo kami makukuhanan ng videos kung sasali ka here?!" She yelled back. "Walang tripod!"

Shit. Konti nalang, iiyak na ako. When my phone vibrated, I signaled to my wife that I'll be taking a phone call. Mabuti naman she agreed.

"Sir Alden, hello po. Nakahanda na po kami dito. Show will be at 7 PM po."

"Right. I'll probably be meeting you in person later when we get back... around 5PM, I guess?"

"Sige po, Sir A. Thank you po."

"Mas thank you. You know this means so much to me. Si Oliver na bahala sa extra fees ng team, okay?"