Chapter 2

"Jaddu?" Virat asked as soon as he saw ash walking in the team room alone. "Went to bed, seems too tierd so I didn't forced him either" he replied with a shrug getting a nod in reply, he wanted to have a talk with him he knew, he knew his crime partner can be a huge overthinker too.

He wanted to ask more about jaddu but before he could say anything else his phone started ringing, it was thier media manager so he went out to attend the call, not wanting to distrub the silence in the room just yet.

"It's okay jassi mistake happens. We win has a team and lose has a team too" yuvi said patting his head comfortingly, they had been comforting him since the 2 nd innings but the kid seems to had drawn himself in sorrow and guilt.

"But that mistake costed us a match, final match to be exact" he said, guilt lacing his voice, Rohit who was sitting on his other side, side hugged him, the kid was being too hard on himself. They all are equally to be blamed for the loss not any individual but he can't seems to get his voice to speak anything or comfort his kid, he himself is at loss of emotion, his mind replaying every moment of the match.

Hardik who was sitting beside bhuvi snickered, bhuvi glared at him and pinched him lightly to stop him before he say something stupid again "Someone else made a mistake too but they don't even seems to care why are you-" he was cut of by a the loud thud of door opening making everyone in the room jump in there seats.

They turned towards the door and saw virat stood there looking mad, like really mad, getting everything confused, he was just fine few minutes ago, sad but not mad atleast.

"Everything okay cheeku?" Ms was the first one to break the silence, "Hardik show me your phone" virat focused on him instead of replying him, he made a mental note to apologise to his mahi bhai later for the ignorance he didn't meant to and he knew he will understand, but he got a really really important work in his hands right now.

"W-why?" Hardik shuttered, realizing he was the reason behind virat's foul mood. "Didn't shuttered while typing the tweet or blaming him then why now?" he said his voice dripping with sarcasm, while colours seems to drain from hardik's face realizing what it might be about.

The team looked back and fourth between them with confusion and worry. "What happened cheeku? Everything okay?" This time it was yuvi who asked, while others nodded in silent agreement, all looking genuinely confused and concerned.

"Ask this idiot" he blared, his anger seems to increase every second looking at hardik even now he can see that he is scared from him but not at all guilty about what he did.

"People are already at his neck for the run out and this idiot just added fuel to the fire" he continued making everyone in the room even more confused.

"Delete it right now" virat said his focus again back on hardik, sounding ferocious, "I didn't do anything wrong" he argued back trying to sound confident but failing miserably, how can someone be confident in front of angry virat.

He closed his eyes trying to take some deep breath to control himself, already the loss was too much to cope with and now this.

"First delete it" he repeated for the final time hardik was about to open his mouth to argue but virat beat him "No. Arguments" he said in a tone making it clear for him that there is indeed no room for arguments.

"Cheeku, what happened? What did he do?" Ms asked again this time with concern making him sigh, he took out his phone passing it him, others hovered around him trying to know what exactly got him in such a foul mood.

"What are you waiting for now?" They all looked back between them, he was still trying to argue with him, trying to prove his point, a point he knew he is 100% wrong about.

"But-" before he could say further MS cut him off sensing virat was already on the edge and this idiot here is literally trying to play with fire, "Hardik first of all he is your senior and after what happened today I am damn sure people must be blaming him and trolling him badly already and your tweet is just going to make it worse for him" he said gently trying to get his words through his thick head.

He knew if he searched jaddu's name on Google right now he will find tons of trolls and meme on him, he trust the Indian media and their toxic fans.

Hardik shook his head, and everyone felt like banging there head on the wall right there he had decided to get on virat's last nerve today and he had almost successfully reached there. If the way virat was taking deep breaths is to go by anything.

"He deserv-" and that's it, it snap the last thread of patience he had "One more word I will show you-" virat growled cutting him off but seeing situation going out of hand both Rohit and MS stepped between.

"Calm down" Ms said to virat rubbing his back holding him back, while Rohit unlocked hardik's phone and deleted the tweet himself ignoring the protests he received in his way. He looked at him handing his phone back, "What's wrong with you Harry? Why-" he tried asking but he cut him off "We lost because of him" he said trying to act confident but deep inside even he knew somewhere that he is going overboard with it now.

"Do you have any brain left?" Virat roared making everyone in the room flinch but ms held him on his place not letting him move. "He is your team mate, a fam-" Rohit tried but again the stubborn kid cut him off "Not anymore!" he exclaimed.

"Okay enough!" Ms yelled above their arguing voice, "We don't want more problems in team we already have too much on our plate and let's just sleep it was a long day anyway" he said, while everyone agreed, they didn't had energy to even comfort themselves let alone others.

Bhuvi dragged the still arguing hardik back to their room while ms was dragged to the captain's suit by virat and rohit decided to stay with yuvi for the night, he knew mahi bhai will be dragged by virat for tonight and he is not complaing he knew he needed him the most he lost has a caption too and who's better then ms coukd handle the overthinking kid.

.
.

Ash was walking back to his room when he saw jassi going towards his room looking morose. He sighed and followed him, this kid is being too hard on himself, he thought seeing his dropped shoulder.

"Jassi" he called him from behind catching up on him "You okay?" he asked wrapping his arms around his shoulder he looked at him for a second before nodding and dropping his head down again.

"Do you need something?" He tried again this time jassi actually looked at him like he wanted to say something but there was lot of hesitation. He gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze trying to encourage him "Ash bhaiya can you please sleep in my room tonight" he asked with lot of hesitation. "Okay, let's go" he smiled ruffling his hair while leading them into jassi's room.

They quickly got settled into bed but sleep was far away from their eyes and they knew it's not only them everyone must be feeling same.

"It will get better with time, people will move on and so do us" ash said after few minutes of stillness, jassi turned his heads to his side and looked at him with glossy eyes "P-promise?" he asked his voice cracking, ash nodded with a reassuring smile "Promise".

A/N-

Wasn't planning to update before a week but recieved quite few comments so decided to update earlier, won't happen everytime.
I am slow writer so yup :')

Also I don't hate hardik guys I will improve his character later.