Chapter 1

I have a stalker.

At first, I thought it was a coincidence that an expensive black car was parked over the road across from the bakery I work at, but then I started to notice it a lot more on days I worked.

I spoke to my coworkers and they hadn't noticed the car on their shift, which could only mean one thing, whoever was in that car was there for me, or it was just one big coincidence.

Even so, I couldn't concentrate with the thought that someone might be stalking me.

Whoever the car belonged to, I knew they were rich, I would sometimes sit outside the shop on my breaks, and see if I could see anyone inside, but I never could due to the black tinted windows.

I was getting obsessed with finding out whose car it belonged to, until one day, this day, something I had never seen for the two weeks I had noticed the car.

The back door opened, and someone got out.

I was serving a customer and trying my best not to look but once I got a good look at the person who got out, they started to walk across the road, heading straight for the bakery.

I almost dropped the cream chocolate eclair in my hands when I noticed that two men dressed in black suits were following this person who had gotten out of the back seat, almost like.

“Oh my freaking god!” 

I looked at the customer and realized she was also looking at what I was looking at, only with her phone out and recording the person coming closer to the shop.

“I can't believe this, he's actually coming this way!” The girl almost squealed as I got a better look at the man's face.

Once he was close enough, I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing, just like the girl, only I was speechless whilst she was losing her mind, trying to take as many photos, and videos as she could before he entered the bakery.

Once he opened the door, I didn't know where to look.

“Uh, the total comes to £4.25.” I told the girl who was now red in the face and stumbling to get her card from her purse.

What was he doing in a place like this? And with bodyguards standing outside the bakery like there was a crime scene inside.

He hadn't said a word but was quietly looking at the baked goods through the glass, next to the poor girl who was now hyperventilating, trying to get her card.

I understood why she couldn't focus. 

On TV he was obviously attractive, his royal blonde hair, and his famous sky blue eyes were enough to pull you in.

I never thought I would see a royal member in a place like this though, especially the crown prince, who I heard hates sweet things, and doesn't eat anything containing sugar.

I only knew that because my younger sister was also obsessed with the royal family… or should I say one royal member of the family in particular. 

“H-Here.” The girl said, as she paid for her eclairs.

“Have a good day.” I say with a smile, and watch the girl nervously walk around the crown prince, and almost bang into the glass door.

The guards had opened the door for the girl, and just like that, I was left alone with now the biggest bachelor in England, and the next King.

“Um.” I clear my throat, also gaining the attention of the prince. 

I was slightly taken back by just how blue his eyes were, they looked so incredible up close that I almost forgot what I was going to say.

So, handsome guys like him really do exist ? It's almost unfair, if people like him existed in the world, guys like me really never have a chance.

“Would you like to help Sir, or would you like more time?” I asked politely, as he stared at me.

“Oh.” He blinked twice, almost like he was in his own world.

“I don't quite know, this is my first time in a place like this.” He spoke casually, with a deep polite British accent.

“What would you recommend?” He asked, as I looked down at the large selection I had baked last night.

“Hmm.” I eye the pistachio cupcakes and then look back at him.

“The mini bite cakes have always been a big hit, but personally I love cupcakes.” I tell him, as he comes closer to the register.

“I'll take them.” He says, as I put on a plastic glove and get a bag ready.

“How many would you like, sir?” I ask, before reaching out.

“All of them.” He says without missing a beat, as I stare widely at him.

He wants… all of the cupcakes?

There must've been thirty cupcakes here, and he wants all of them?

I wasn't going to doubt his decision, so I got a box and started to park all thirty cupcakes neatly for him, until there were not any left.

I came back to the register and then rang up his order.

I looked at him and smiled nervously as his eyes had never left my face. “That'll be £45.”

He took out his wallet and paid in cash, which I thought was weird but dismissed that thought considering he was a customer, even if he was royalty, out here I thought he was just like everyone else.

I look back at him and then smile politely. “Would you like anything else, sir?” 

Once again, I felt like I interrupted some thought of him as he blinked at me and then looked around.

“Could I also get a bottle of water?” He asked, and I nodded my head, turned around and grabbed one from the fridge.

“That's £1.20.” I tell him, and I watch as he hands me a £20.

“Keep the change.” He says before I could open my mouth, then grabs hold of the two boxes filled with cupcakes and the bottle of water he bought, then turns around to leave.

“Oh.” I cleared my throat.

“Thank you so much, have a nice day.” I called out, before he made his way fully out of the bakery.

He turned around and smiled that perfect smile I had seen so many times in the newspapers and online, it made me completely starstruck as I watched him, and his security walk back across the road to their car.

Wow…

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the back of his head as I watched one of his bodyguards take the cupcake boxes from him, whilst opening the back car door for him to get inside.

Then to my complete shock, his eyes lock with mine and then I watch him in slow motion as he raises his hand and waves at me before the car door shuts, blocking him out of view completely.

Subconsciously I wave back and watch as the car pulls out from the curb and then drives off, leaving me staring at the spot where the car was parked.

It took me a moment to get myself together, but once I did, it dawned on me that I had forgotten the most important thing about this whole situation.

Was the crown prince always in that car or was it purely a coincidence? 

There's surely no way, it's total madness to even assume someone as high profile as the crown prince of England to stalk someone of the same sex.

He was notoriously popular in the papers from whom he was dating, it was either some supermodel or a famous actress, and whenever he had someone new, it was all anyone could ever talk about.

Well, whatever, it wasn't like I was going to ever see him again.

This was just one of those freaky times where you sometimes serve a celebrity, and that's all this was, I was probably just being paranoid over nothing.