Chapter 7

Helping Nicholas and his dead weight up the steps to my apartment was harder than I thought.

He must've been waiting outside of the bakery for hours to get this bad, the moment I helped him onto my bed to lay down, I felt his forehead and had never felt one this hot before.

What should I do?

"Um... Nicholas?" I gently nudged him, causing him to groan and slightly open his eyes.

"Who should I call?" I ask him, reaching for my phone in my back pocket. "You have a high fever, I don't know if I should call someone or if there's a protocol..."

Nicholas smiled weakly and shook his head, his eyes closing slowly and opening just as slowly.

"My... phone." He mumbled as he dug his hand into his pocket and then handed me his phone.

I couldn't believe this was happening, he was actually in my bed right now with a fever, most likely because of me.

What do I do now? Nicholas was falling asleep fast, and he still had to get warm.

"Nicholas, can you sit up?" I nudged him, as he mumbled a groggy 'yeah'.

I helped him up and then stared at him.

He had tired eyes and red cheeks, and not to mention his body was cold, too cold, if he didn't warm up soon, he'd end up getting sick.

"Alright um..." How do I put this in a way that wouldn't sound creepy?

"You need to warm up, so how about I run you a bath while I call somebody to come take you home?" I suggest, as he lazily opens his eyes and stares at me.

"Sorry..." He moved his legs off the bed and sat there, then I helped him up and then I watched as he tried to take off his scarf, and then jacket.

I say 'tried' because he was struggling due to his hands being frozen cold, and stiff.

"Here I'll help." I say, and then manage to get his jacket off.

"You're too nice." He smiled tiredly and then closed his eyes. "And you smell good."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, despite the blush making its way onto my cheeks, I lifted Nicholas's t-shirt over his head and then took a step back to help him up.

I was taken aback by looking at him topless in my apartment, as much as I tried not to look, it was hard not to.

He was buff, and if I thought he had sex appeal before, it was only tripled with his top off.

"I'll uh...." I cleared my throat and turned around to give him privacy as he worked on his belt.

"I'll run the bath, I'll just uh... be right back." I told him, before walking into my bathroom.

Wow...

Once I got the bath running, I took a moment to calm myself down as I heard rustling coming from my bedroom, from Nicholas getting undressed.

What the hell was happening right now? And how did I end up in this situation?

Not an hour ago I thought that I would never see him again, now he's getting naked in my home.

I had to get him out of here as soon as possible, before things only got worse, and someone found out he was here.

"Are you uh... ready?" I called out from behind the door before I walked in on him changing.

"Yeah, but I don't see a towel?" He said as I looked around for a clean one.

I open the door slightly and then hand him the towel, and then I check on the water by putting my hand into the water, whilst I hear Nicholas come into the bathroom and walk up behind me.