-8-

Day three of the roadtrip was here. Chan was panting, wiping the sweat of his face. Why the hell did he agree to do this hike? What if they would get lost?
The landscape around him was rocky and full of dust.
Meanwhile Felix was happily jumping in the front, the backpack on his back bouncing up and down. Chan couldn't even comprehend how a human being could have that much energy.
He was definitely not lazy. Chan loved to go to the gym and working out for hours. But walking in the scorching hot sun for hours? Nope.

"Felix, please wait!" The addressed turned around with a smile, his eyes sparkling.
"It's not that far, Chan! We are almost there!" Chan sighed, pulled his backpack up and started walking again. Did he have a choice?
——
"That was nice!" Felix put his backpack down next to the car, huffing. It was evening, the sunset had just begun. Chan threw the backpack to the ground and fell down, panting. He was absolutely exhausted. "Yo- you call this nice?!"
"Yep. I love hiking and surfing. And my bike, of course!" Felix's eyes wandered over to the trunk of the car. "By the way, is there some lake nearby? It would be nice to shower."
"I think there is gonna be one tomorrow. Lake Tahoe. Would that be okay?"
"Yep, sure."
Felix gave Chan a thumbs up and sorted to unpack the backpack.
——
"Good night, Felix. Sleep well." Chan yawned, looking a the backseat. Felix was already sleepy, but mumbled something along the lines of 'Good night, sleep good too.'
Chan chuckled at the adorable person behind him. Throughout the last few days he had found himself quite enjoying the company of Felix. Whether it was his active personality, that dragged Chan out of his comfort zone, or his ethereal face and freckles. It was Felix, who made him feel more alive. And Chan couldn't deny this anymore.