Season 1-EXTRA 1: Misaki & Tanjiro's journals

December 28th, 1922

Hey Nee-San, it's our birthday today! We're both 13! How exciting is that? It's different celebrating our birthdays without the young'ins running around and surrounding us.

But I am glad Tanjiro-nii is still here to celebrate with me! He and Urokodaki-San surprised me (or us) with a cake! Our favorite, chocolate and vanilla marble cake with vanilla frosting. I got a western styled hair pin and skirt from Urokodaki-San, Tanjiro-Nii got me a new kimono! He said the one I was wearing was getting really dirty and getting holes in it.

I got you a new hair ribbon! It's pink and white, I got one for myself that's the same color as yours, Tanjiro-nii got you a new kimono as well.

I hope you wake up spoon Nee-San, I really miss you.

Love Your sister,
Misaki <3

———————————
December 28th, 1922

Happy birthday Nezuko and Misaki! Misaki and I trained with Urokodaki-San again today, but this time he had us stand under a waterfall with the water current hitting us directly, it was painful as the water felt like a bunch of hot pokers stabbing our skin.

I got you and Misaki both new kimonos! Yours is pink with white flower petals and a white floral obi, Misaki's is identical to yours. Since you 2 would always wear each other's clothes when you were little I figured it would help Misaki stay comforted and happy knowing she has something that's "yours"

She cries daily as you continue to sleep, it pains her a lot with you being asleep. I'm sure it's incredibly hard on her as you two did everything together and you not being able to is very hard and abnormal for her.

Please wake up Nezuko

Love,
Tanjiro