Chapter-29

Brinda's pov

Riddhi is getting on my nerves now!! Ugh!
What the hell is outdated business magazine!!

"Can you believe it! She called me outdated business......." My words halted as soon as i realized someone else's presence.
Adhu.
I froze for a moment.
I wanted to wrap my arms around him but then i realized he is Adhvik Rathore not my adhu.

Why is he here? Brinda stop thinking about him now. He must be here to meet Naina.

"I... I am in my room." I said to bhai and was about to leave when he called me.

"Brinda."
I looked back at him.
Wasn't i Ms. Mittal?
Or did the accident change everything!

"Yeah, Mr. Rathore?" I said, looking at him.

"Can... uh... can we talk?" He asked hesitantly. What does he want to talk about now!? And why?

"What is it?" I asked, uninterested.

"Alone?" He said and i looked over at bhai for a moment. If Mr. Rathore stayed here for another minute, bhai will kill him.

"Uhh... okay." I said, sighing.

"I am here only. Call me if you need anything." Bhai said, glaring at him and patting my hair, and I nodded.

We both came outside in the garden, and there was just silence for a few minutes.
Why are you here again Mr. Rathore?
To hurt me again?
To break me even more than you already did?

"What do you want to talk about, Mr. Rathore?" I asked in a professional tone.

"How are you?" He asked softly.

"I am perfectly fine, Mr. Rathore. Thank you for asking. I should leave now." I said blankly.

"I am sorry." He said.

"For what?" I asked. Does he even know his fault!? Does he realize the damage he caused my heart that day.

"For that day." He said, gulping visibly. For that day! I chuckled internally at his vague reference to 2 years ago which is 2 days ago for me.

"Okay." I said casually and was about to leave. I don't care now.

"Orange." He called me and my heart skipped a beat. Orange. I vaguely remember hearing him calling me orange when i was lying in the pool of my blood.
No Brinda.
Stop being an idiot.

"I know you are mad at me, and i know i deserve it....." He tried to say, but I interrupted him.

Mad at him?
Pr narazgi to unse jatayi jaati hai na jinhe humari narazgi se koi farak padde?

"Why would i be mad at you, Mr. Rathore? We can get mad at those people from whom we expect something or to whom we mean something and you are in neither of the above categories. " I said, looking at him.

"You think that you don't mean anything to me?" He asked, looking into my eyes. Really! Is he the same person who said that i never loved him. That i never cared for him. That i should never show him my face again!?

"I don't know, Mr. Rathore, but i most probably do not mean anything to you. Anyway i am sorry, i know you told me not to show my face to you ever so I'll leave." I said and was about to leave.

"Orange stop! I know i was wrong. I know it was my mistake, and i get it. You are hurt, and it's all on me, but i am ready to do anything to fix things between us!" He said and my eyes turned glossy. Us? Really?

"Do you know how does it feel when you are lying on your deathbed, not knowing if you are ever going to wake up and the last words you heard from the person you loved so much were to never show them your face ever again!" I said.