《Epilogue》

Author's pov

7 years later

"One last question, sir! What gave you inspiration to give up your job and switch career when you were well settled as the MD of Rathore's group of companies?" A reporter asked.

"The credit goes to my orange, my wife. She actually put forth a condition that if i want to marry her, I'd have to give my dream career a chance." Adhvik said, chuckling, recalling the day when she asked her to leave the company, and he spent some good time hiding under her desk.

"Tabhi to kehte hai hr successful insaan ke piche ek aurat ka haath hota hai. If not for her, I'd still be stuck in that corporate sector!" Adhvik said, smiling widely.

"Sir, Where's Mrs. Rathore?" Another reporter asked.

"I thought that was the last question...! Well, she's a busy woman. She had to leave for a business trip. Now, if you'll excuse me, my daughters are waiting for me at home." Adhvik replied politely, leaving for his place.

Brinda just landed in Mumbai an hour ago. She wanted to be a part of Adhvik's exhibition, but even after trying her best, she got a little late, so she directly went home.

"Ishita, where's Vridha and Chahat?" Brinda asked the babysitter while keeping her bag on the table.

"Well, they both were watching Mr. Rathore's interview, but really didn't understand anything, so right now, they are watching Shinchan." Ishita replied, and Brinda nodded.

"You can go home now." Brinda said, and she nodded and left.

Brinda went towards the girls who were engrossed in the television screen that they didn't realize their mother's presence.

"Well, i got these pretty toys for someone, but it looks like they are busy watching shinchan!" Brinda tsked, looking at her daughters.

They quickly jumped over their mother as soon as they heard her voice. She kissed their cheeks lovingly before sitting on the couch with them.

"Weren't you supposed to come tomorrow!" The 5 year old Vridha asked.

"I missed you both so much that i came early!" Brinda replied, smiling widely.

"Us or dadda?" The 2 year old Chahat asked, looking af her mother suspiciously.

"Your gift is canceled!" Brinda said, faking anger.

"Arreeyyyy mummaaaa! You missed us only, not dadda!" Chahat said, and Brinda chuckled.

"Fine, you'll get your toys soon. I'll freshen up, and i am thinking of baking a cake for your dadda!" Brinda said, and their face lit up.

"I want to help you too!" Vridha said, pouting.

"Me tooooo!" The 2 year old sang.

"Fine, I'll come after taking a bath, then we'll bake a cake together, hmm." Brinda said and left for her room.

Right now, Brinda, Vridha, and Chahat are in the kitchen baking a cake, and this is the third time the chocolate Brinda kept for cake vanished.

"Now i know why you two lazy heads wanted to help me!" Brinda said, looking at them, squinting her eyes. Chahat's mouth was still covered with chocolate.

"What are you talking about, mumma?" Vridha asked innocently.

"Stop acting innocent now! You two are just like your dadda." Brinda huffed, rolling her eyes and wiping Chahat's face with the sleeve of her, more like Adhvik's shirt while Chahat just grinned at her mother.