Chapter-39

Author's pov

Adhvik told his family about him and Brinda, basically his mother, since Nishtha and Rudra already knew. His mother liked Brinda and had no issues with their relationship, but she knew that it would be different in her case.

After Brinda left for the garden, Anmol and Shreya too left for their room, leaving Naina and Sambhav alone in the hall.

"We should go and talk to them." Sambhav said, looking at Naina.

"You are right. You go talk to maa, papa and I'll talk to Brinda." Naina said.

"Why would you get Brinda?" Sambhav asked, squinting his eyes.

"Because i asked for her first. Besides, it's not like she is any less dangerous!" Naina replied in a duh tone.

"But then I'll have to deal with both maa and papa, and you got just Brinda!" Sambhav retorted.

"Look, Mr. Mittal, you are too late now! Should have thought this earlier." Naina said, huffing.

"Fine, let's toss a coin. Whoever wins gets Brinda!" Sambhav said, taking out a coin from his wallet.

"Fine heads, i win and tails you lose." Naina said, and Sambhav nodded.

"Wait, what! Be serious, Mrs. Mittal. It's no joke." Sambhav said with a serious expression.

"Fine, Heads i win and tails i lose." Naina said as Sambhav tossed the coin in air.

"Tails! I won!" Sambhav said in victory, and Naina scrunched her nose in disbelief.

"On second thoughts, how about we both talk to Brinda first and then to maa papa." Naina suggested giving him the most innocent look as if she'd have done the same has Sambhav lost instead of her.

"Ugh! Fine. Let's go." Sambhav said, sighing defeatedly looking at her puppy eyes.

They were leaving for the garden when Naina's phone rang for the hundredth time in the past hour. She looked at the caller id nervously and quickly disconnected the call.

"Is it that Rathore again?" Sambhav asked, rolling his eyes since Adhvik had called her quite a FEW times to know about Brinda as she was not answering her phone.

"Ye.. yeah." Naina stuttered, and Sambhav nodded as they both reached the garden.

Brinda was sitting on the swing fidgeting with the ring in her finger lost in the whirlpool of thoughts. Her face was stained with dry tears as few fresh tears fell down her eyes.

She wanted to tell this to her parents herself, but these rumors ruined everything just like they did four years ago.

She loves Adhvik to a point where even the thought of losing him makes her want to die, but sometimes love alone is not enough.

She is still very clear that if she couldn't convince her father, she'll break Adhvik's heart again. Her parents are not wrong, but they do not understand her part of the story.

Her mind ran through a million outcomes, and every time, she came to one conclusion that she could never betray her father, nor could she leave Adhvik.

"Bri."
"Bri."

Sambhav and Naina sat on either side of Brinda, who was still lost in her thoughts.

"Are you mad at me too?" Sambhav asked, and Brinda looked at him with her crimson eyes.

"How can Papa ask me to choose?" Brinda said, her voice cracking.

"He didn't mean to hurt you, bache. You know he loves you more than anything. He is just hurt and above of all worried." Sambhav said, patting her hair.