4

Hello again, I'm back!

This beautiful piece of art was made by Ak1raMan1ac , make sure to tell them how awesome of a job they did

See you next chapter,
Taco <3
———

You could hear the conversation outside as it came to an surprisingly comfortable end...

"Well, I'll be on the couch for the next twelve hours."
You could hear Eda complaining about her exhaustion.

"No, wait, I call couch!"
King yelled in rebellion, then the door to the Owl House slammed shut.

You let all of the air escape your lungs.

There wasn't enough space in your head to understand everything that just happened.

Just like that, Lilith had left...

Pressing your back against your newly acquired mattress, you stared up to the ceiling of your new room, the one you shared with Luz.
It was a squish fitting you both in, but you settled into it.

Once you let another sigh escape your lips, the sound of someone slowly turning the doorknob to your room rung in your ears.

A silhouette cut through the light from the corridor outside, and shaded your eyes from being blinded.

A fluffy ball of velocity jumped full force into your arms and knocked you back down when you tried to sit up, to get a better view.

King had wrapped his arms around you and started complaining about how Eda took the couch even after his protests.

Luz Noceda was still stood in the doorway, then slowly walked over to her bed and fell on top of the covers, before groaning into her sheets.

"Are you alright?"
You asked, ignoring your own self-pity.

Luz stirred to push her face out of her covers so she could be heard.
She sat up and huffed, letting the mix of stress and relief escape her lungs.
"I don't know! I only just met Aunt Lilith and now she's not even here!"

Luz Noceda folded her arms and pressed her back against a pile of objects stacked against the wall.

The room fell quiet as King would occasionally grumble about being uncomfortable before shuffling in your lap.

Turning towards Luz, you noticed her eyes going glossy.

So, you attempted to comfort her.
"Yeah, I'm going to miss her too..."