10.6

Abhimaan stirred hearing loud knocks on his room door.

“Uthe nhi tum log abhi tak? It's 9 o'clock guys! Wake up! And open this fucking door.”

It was Akash. Trust this man to ruin his sleep. He smiled seeing Anjali sleeping peacefully in his arms. All tired and tangled up from last night.

He hadn't expected her to fit him so perfect but the way she took him. He was ruined for life.

“We’re up Akash! You can leave.”

“No! Open the door.”

Abhimaan groaned and caressed Anjali's hair and kissed her head.

“Wake up baby! Your brother is going to break the door down.”

She stirred and looked at him with her sleepy eyes.

“Huh?”

“Akash! He's at the door.”

“What the hell Akash? Kya hai?”

She asked irritated.

“Darwaza kholo. Why are you taking so much time?”

“Because we're sleeping you asshole.”

His protective stance irritated her sometimes.

“You're awake now. Open the door.”

Anjali rolled her eyes and looked at Abhimaan.

“I am so sore. I can't move my limbs.”

She pouted and he picked her up bridals style carrying her to the bathroom.

“I would have prepared a bath for you and maybe even joined but if I don't open this door now, your brother is going to actually break this door.”

She chuckled and shut the bathroom door leaving him to deal with her twin. Akash looked pissed when Abhimaan finally opened the door.

“Itna time kyu laga?”

“Your sister wasn't ready to get out of bed.”

Abhimaan shrugged knowing he wouldn't say anything to Anjali.

“Where is she?”

“Bathroom!”

Akash knocked on the bathroom door to confirm.

“Anjali?”

“What!”

She heard his snap from the other side and nodded. Abhimaan rolled his eyes.

“I wouldn't kill her in her sleep you know.”

“Just making sure.”

Akash shrugged and stopped short on hos feet when his eyes fell on something on the side table. His expressions changed from observatory to murderous.

“Why the fuck are those here?”

Abhimaan looked back at what made him so angry and sighed closing his eyes seeing the unused condoms left from the box with the wrappers of the used ones.

“Listen Akash! I appreciate and understand you being protective of Anjali but this is our personal life. I think it's better if somethings stay between her and me.”

Akash clutched his collar and looked straight into his eyes.

“If you ever hurt her, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you.”

“I'm glad we agree on something. Because I’d kill myself too if that day ever comes, not that it would.”

Akash did not expect that answer but did look impressed.

“Get both of your asses down for breakfast.”

With that he left their room.

Things were pretty smooth between Abhimaan and Anjali. Well, keeping aside the usual banters and arguments between couples, things were perfect. The two were absolutely in love and now even their families supported them.

As soon as their course was completed and they were placed on their respective jobs, the first thing both of them did was, inform their families about their relationship.

They organised a dinner and surprisingly both the sets of parents talked to each other as if they knew each other since always.

They had just celebrated their two year dating anniversary two days back. Anjali was already missing him. Abhimaan was working on his own start-up project besides his job and so he kept super busy.

She also tried not to disturb him and it was never required because he himself called for a date once in every week.

It had been 10 days since she'd seen or even talked to Abhimaan properly. Everytime she called him, he was busy. Although it seemed like it was something else. Something he was trying to hide.

Was he planning a surprise or something? But there was no ocassion.

“Abhimaan! I want to see you so bad. I miss you so much.”

She pouted while complaning.

“I'm busy abhi Anjali. I'll tell you jab free hounga. I'll talk to you later.”

With that he disconnected the call without hearing another word. Anjali felt it abrupt but shrugged thinking he might actually be busy.

When he still denied meeting her and avoided talking to her even after three weeks she felt things wrong.

“Kuch baat hai toh batao na Abhimaan. Why are you avoiding me? I miss you! Ek ghante ke liye bhi nhi mil skte kya? Aisa kya kaam hai?”

There was no reply and Anjali sighed in exhaustion.

“I also get tired. I also am busy but I make time Abhimaan. Kyunki mere liye tum meri priority list mai aate ho. Maine kuch kia hai kya? Naaraz ho mujhse?”

“Nothing like that. I'm just-you know I'm working on that project na. It's too tiring.”

He did sound tired so she couldn't say anything but gulp her tears down.

She knew it! She knew something was wrong. Something was going on. And his message this morning confirmed it.

How dare he? What did he think she'll let him go that easily? Without any explanation. He was so in for a confrontation. What did he think, that he'll leave a stupid message and she'll let him have whatever he wanted.

Anjali had planned on surprising Abhimaan and woken up with a newfound energy that morning. But the moment she picked up her phone, she saw a message awaiting for her.

A message from Abhimaan.

It's not working. I can't do this anymore. Let's breakup.

She wiped her tears and rang the bell to his house harshly.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️