10.8

“You're not alone Abhimaan. I'll do it with you. We'll work on it together. I'll share your stress and exhaustion. If the project requires 10 hours a day, then we give 50-50 of it. In fact jab tak tum puri tarah heal nhi ho jaate. Let's keep it 70-30. Tum bas apne inputs dena. Baaki mai kr dungi. But don't give up. I can't let you lose the purpose of your life.”

And oh boy! How he wanted to keep her on his embrace and hide her from the world yet flaunt her at the same time. She was his. She had chosen him even after everything.

Anjali stuck to her words. She worked most on the project. Making presentations, preparing the file, adding charts and data, while Abhimaan would present it in front of the investors. While a few of them did seem interested, they were also reluctant to invest in a start-up.

Abhimaan was already dealing with physical insecurity and this failures always hit him hard. But Anjali never let him crumble. He would often let out his worries in her arms but she'd bring him back stronger than before.

It was one such day, when they were working on the project. Abhimaan was back to getting healthy. Anjali felt happy to see him back to his healthy form. Anjali had been noticing Abhimaan wearing loose tshirts since quite a few days.

“What's what this new fashion? Loose tshirts and all?”

She asked and he looked away.

“I-its nothing. I just-like it.”

“Oh please haa! I know how much you love yo wear fitted shirts to show off your muscles and abs-”

She realised what could be the reason and a bitter smile formed on his face seeing her stop.

“Yeah! I'm not your muscled Abhimaan anymore. I'm growing a belly, you see. I'm gaining weight. A lot of it.”

He spat out angrily. Angry at his condition. At his reaction.

Anjali held his hand and turned him to face her. She cupped his cheeks and said.

“And I love it Abhimaan. Trust me, I love this healthy Abhimaan more than that weak one.”

“That's because you've not seen how ugly all that fat and belly looks.”

He said getting out of her arms. She pulled him back and pushed him on the bed.

“I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tab tak jab tak tumhare dimag mai ye baat fit nhi ho jaati. I love you the way you are. And I want every version of you Abhimaan. Tell me one thing, tum mujhe chhod doge agar mai future mai moti ho gyi toh?”

He shook his head and started to say something but she cut him off and said.

“Exactly! Then stop thinking I'll stop loving you because of this stupid reason and kiss me!”

“Wha-”

He was surprised by her command and demand but couldn't speak anything because she shut him with her lips. He moaned when she slipped her tongue in his mouth.

His beast mode turned on and he switched their positions caging her under him.

“Hold on! The door!”

He whispered before running off to lock the door. She smirked and held the hem of her tshirt before throwing it away. He hovered over her and she held his tshirt making him freeze.

“Can we-umm-let this stay on?”

“No! I want everything off.”

She said and shooed away his insecurity by kissing away every inch of his skin, parts which he felt were ugly and fatty. She showed him just how much she loved him and how all these didn't affect her love at all.

Abhimaan was presenting their project in front of one such investor. The guys seemed interested like many of the previous ones, but Abhimaan didn't get his hopes much high. Anjali was waiting for him outside and that was what kept him rooted to his place and perform well.

“Mr. Singh. I see a lot of potential in your idea.”

The man started. A line he'd heard from a number of investors till date. Abhimaan smiled and thanked the man, mentally preparing himself for the disappointment.

“You're a start-up and there are a lot of risks involved. Even with such a perfect business idea.”

There we go! The failure again.

“But! What is life without risks? You quote ₹50 lakhs in your idea as the investment to get a return of more than 3 times within a period of 2 years. You get that from me. Anything else young man?”

Abhimaan didn't know how to react. He was overwhelmed and he was sure it was visible on his face because the man looked happy for him.

“Come here, get your cheque!”

“Yes, yes sir! Just-I- can I call my partner. The one who helped me in all the preparation. She is outside sir.”

“Yeah go ahead!”

Anjali was called and she felt her heart stop for a moment. She had never been called in a meeting like this before. Was something wrong? Was Abhimaan alright?

Anjali entered the meeting room and smiled at the person conducting it. Abhimaan looked ready to cry.

“Hello Ms.?”

“Malhotra. Anjali Malhotra sir.”

“Ms. Malhotra. Congratulations to both of you! Please come here and collect your cheque.”

Anjali froze. Was this man saying what she heard him say? Cheque? He was ready to invest in them? In Abhimaan? She looked towards Abhimaan and saw him nodding with a huge smile.

She stepped forward and collected the cheque very calmly thanking the man. The moment they sat in their car, both of them sighed and looked at each other.

She jumped into his arms and he took her in a deep, passionate kiss. Pouring his happiness, love and gratitude in it.

“I love you so much. I knew you'll do it someday. I'm so happy for you Abhimaan. So happy for you baby.”

He smiled and looked at her.

“Why do you love me? Even after I look like this. Not like I was before. Attractive and handsome.”

She gave him a look and said.

“Ok! You want me to describe it to you. Cool! There's not just one thing Abhimaan. There are a lot. And none of them have anything to do with you being like before. And I'd still disagree that you're not attractive. You'll always be attractive to me.”

She started and then kissed his forehead before speaking again.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️