The Intriguing Encounter

Dunk followed behind his father into the banquet hall, Joong's gaze fell upon him. He watched Dunk's every move, his eyes filled with curiosity and something else—a strange familiarity that Joong couldn't quite place. Beside him, Pond also noticed the striking resemblance between Dunk and Daonuea, his expression mirroring Joong's mix of surprise and confusion.

Inside the banquet hall, the Dragon King rose from his seat, raising his glass in a toast to the Fox King.

Dragon King: "I would like to congratulate the Fox King on his son's recovery. It is truly a joyous occasion."

The Fox King nodded graciously, acknowledging the Dragon King's words.

Fox King: "Thank you, Dragon King. However, today is your birthday, and it my son who should be making the toast."

With a gentle nudge from his father, Dunk swiftly grabbed the wine cup from his table and offered a toast to the Dragon King. The Dragon King accepted the toast with a smile, taking a sip of the wine.

Dragon King: "Thank you. Now, I would like to invite Joong, the crown prince of our clan, to make a toast to everyone."

As the attention turned to Joong, Dunk couldn't help but notice him. From Dunk's point of view, Joong seemed like just another noble, albeit a peculiar one who had been staring at him all evening.

Dunk's thoughts: "Who is that weird guy from earlier? And he's their crown prince?"

Throughout the banquet, Joong's gaze continued to linger on Dunk, making him increasingly uncomfortable. Dunk shifted uneasily in his seat, trying to avoid Joong's intense stares.

Meanwhile, Joong couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity that Dunk evoked in him. His eyes followed Dunk's every move, his mind filled with questions and uncertainties. Pond observed the exchange between Joong and Dunk, his expression reflecting a mixture of intrigue and concern.

Much later on, when the Dragon King decided to bring the other clans to tour his palace, Dunk sensed an opportunity again to slipped away from the crowd. Unbeknownst to him, Joong's keen eyes had caught his departure, and Joong quietly trailed behind him, curious about Dunk's actions.

Dunk wandered through the palace, his curiosity piqued by every new discovery. As he ventured deeper into the palace, he stumbled upon Joong's chamber. The room was adorned with elegant furnishings, its walls adorned with intricate tapestries depicting scenes of ancient battles and mythical creatures.

Dunk's POV: "This place seems nice."

With a sense of intrigue, Dunk peeked into the room to ensure no one was around before slipping inside. Unbeknownst to Dunk, Joong had been following him the entire time, observing his every move.

Dunk explored Joong's room with curiosity, his eyes wandering over the various trinkets and ornaments adorning the shelves and tables. However, it was a peculiar flower placed prominently on a pedestal that caught his attention.

Dunk's POV: "What's that?"

As Dunk reached out to touch the flower, he was startled by Joong's voice.

Joong: "Having fun in my room?"

Dunk jumped in surprise, quickly retracting his hand as he turned to face Joong. He felt embarrassed at being caught exploring someone else's private space.

Dunk: "Sorry, I... I didn't know this is your room."

Joong reassured him with a gentle smile, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

Joong: "It's all right. Feel free to look around."