21-30

Chapter 21: None of Your Business Is My Business Chapter 21: None of Your Business Is My Business

Perhaps Bai Meimei's momentum was too strong, Qi Hua had to swallow his pride for his son's sake, "We don't need them to compensate us."

Qi Hua gave in. The others looked at each other, thinking that their sons were only slightly injured and that they would not gain anything by making a fuss. They also expressed their opinions: "We don't need to pay compensation. We will leave now."

Only the aggressive aunt roared: "They beat people! They are wrong, what are you afraid of? I am not afraid! Let's see what you are going to do to me today!"

This man had experience in extortion and knew that rich people were generally willing to pay to keep things quiet. He noticed that Bai Meimei seemed to be a slip of the tongue, so he could not let her go.

Bai Meimei had a look of disdain on her face and was too lazy to even hang up. She took out her pager and made a phone call.

The aunt's eyes lit up. Such a small mobile phone must be very valuable.

When others saw the pager in Bai Meimei's hand, they truly believed that Bai Meimei was not exaggerating and that she could really afford the compensation.

Qi Hua's eyebrows were twitching, and he felt very embarrassed. He didn't look happy to his son who was pretending to be a quail.

After Bai Meimei dialed the phone, she said as if she was saying that the weather was very good today, "Dad, I'm at the Maer Police Station. Something happened. Please ask our company lawyer to come and handle it."

Company, lawyer, these two words are so high-sounding that they can't help but make people feel scared. Bai Meimei is serious!

The moment Bai Meimei put down the phone, a group of people who didn't know the real man said hurriedly, "Little girl, we really don't have to pay compensation. We were wrong just now. Please don't be angry. Don't bother with our useless little bastard."

Bai Meimei took Chen Meng's hand and said, "If you have anything to say, tell my lawyer!"

Then, he looked at the two completely confused policemen and said, "Can we pick him up?"

The old policeman came back to his senses and smiled: "We should have let him out earlier, but he refused to tell you his contact information."

Bai Meimei entered the detention center, which was a small place with several people locked up behind fences.

Yan Jingshan was leaning against the wall, with a wound on the left side of his handsome face, resting with his eyes closed, looking like he wanted to keep strangers away. His coat was torn and dirty, with faint blood stains, and it was unclear whether it was his or someone else's.

Bai Meimei saw the dark circles under his eyes. She felt so distressed that her heart ached and her eyes turned red, probably because she hadn't slept all night.

When Chen Meng saw her son looking so miserable and pitiful, she covered her mouth and cried silently. If it weren't for Bai Meimei today, she really didn't know what to do.

Yan Jingshan was very alert. Although he was extremely sleepy, he noticed someone was staring at him, but he still forced his eyes open. What he saw were two tearful faces.

He frowned, quickly stood up and walked to the railing. The police opened the cell door and let him out.

He immediately asked Bai Meimei angrily: "Why are you here?"

Bai Meimei forced a smile and asked, "Can't I come?"

Chen Meng was dissatisfied with her son's attitude and said to Bai Meimei sternly: "Speak properly, you didn't learn anything well, but you actually learned how to fight!"