Chapter 2

Princess took the kits inside her twoleg nest and hid them in her room. (A/n One of those cat rooms where you put the food, water, and litter box. That's her room.) And started grooming them.

'He'll be here any moment.' Princess reassured herself. 'He promised.'

A few moments later she heard a meow at the door and got up and took the kits with her outside. 

"Hello Princess." He meowed. "Hello Jake." Princess replied. "I know we already planned this out bu-" "No 'but's Princess, don't worry. I know where to go and who to take it to." Jake interrupted.  "It's take 'them' not 'it'. Their names are Cloverkit, Barkkit, and Cloudkit." she meowed, pointing to each kit with her tail as she said their names. " And don't forget, you need to get there quickly. They still need milk!" Princess called after him. 'What?! We didn't plan out that!!!' Jake thought. 'Great, now this is going to take longer because I need to stop by my upwalker to get milk.' So he rushed to his twoleg nest and carried them to his room. His upwalker feeds him milk instead of water so they lapped up the milk. He sighed. 'How am I supposed to get them milk?' he thought. 'The ones I was gonna bring these 3 to can't give them milk so who am I supposed to give them to now?'  He thought for a while.

'Maybe those forest cats! They're still alive so they must have a good living. They could just take them in! But wait. They just came from the wild cats so wouldn't they recognize them or something? Ugh. Maybe I could just give them to a different clan or something. There must be more than four.... well, it's the only chance they have...' So Jake took the kits and went into the forest around his twoleg nest. He walked.  

                      And walked.

                                                And walked.

                                                                        And walked.

He walked through twoleg places every now and then to get them milk. But soon, they no longer needed milk and could walk. It was their first Leafbare since they were born in Leaffall. 

"Jake, I'm cold." Cloudkit meowed. "Me too." Cloverkit meowed. "Me too." Barkkit quietly whispered. "Don't worry, we'll be there soon." They kept walking. Until finally he came across 3 cats. One grey she cat, a pale ginger tom, and a different shaded brown tom. "Who are you, and what are you doing in our territory?" The brown one meowed calmly.

"I mean no harm. My name is Jake." Jake said. "And I came to give you three kits. I need you to take them. This is Barkkit, Cloudkit, and right there is Cloverkit. They cannot know I exist, when they grow. Tell them you found them in the snow."

"We don't need more mouths to feed!" The brown meowed, "we can barely feed ourselves!"

Jake was caught off guard, but then the grey she cat stepped in from of the brown tom. "Pipe down Owlfur." she meowed to the brown tom. "Did you say clover?"