Chapter 15

Specklefoot woke up. "Crystalstar?" she mewed. Then she remembered. "Spottedpaw! Where's Spottedpaw?!" she yowled. Spottedpaw was awake but unresponsive on the ground. He heard Specklefoot but didn't bother to respond, he must smell like cobwebs from all the stuff they put on his face. "I thought he was with you." Cloudfur meowed to Specklefoot. 'Okay, just stay calm.' Cloudfur thought to herself. 'How should I treat Crystalstar? Maybe she ate something bad... but that usually doesn't mean falling to the floor...' Cloudfur started panicking more. But her face remained calm. 

Finchtalon sits down in the clearing. He licks his paw once and draws it over his ear. "Things seem to be getting hectic." he sighs.

Then Cloudfur turns around to face Specklefoot, and sees Spottedpaw right in front of her. Cloudfur mentally face-pawed. 'Goodness, I got so flustered with the foxes, Snowheart, and Crystalstar that I can't see my own apprentice in front of me!' Cloudfur thought. "He's right there in front of you." Cloudfur stated, but Cloudfur didn't know Specklefoot didn't here the statement. 'Well, scratch that off my things to worry about.' Specklefoot moved forward and tripped over Spottedpaw. "Nevermind." she croaked. "I found him."

Crystalstar groaned. "Thanks for the herbs, but I don't think that's what's wrong." Cloudfur worried.  "Sadly, I have no idea what's wrong with her." she sighed, then her eyes widen. "Oh dear StarClan..." Snowheart trailed off.

Spottedpaw was licking his sister's head. But he suddenly shot up, eyes wide. "Orange! Fox! Danger!" he hissed, ears flattening. He tried to run but fell when he reached the Medicine Cat den exit. Specklefoot stood up. "Spottedpaw! There's no fox." she meowed. He looked at her. "Orange! Fox! More fox!" he yowled, his voice shaking and getting quieter and raspier. 

'What could Crystalstar have? Maybe it's something she got out there.. did she eat something? Maybe she got a flu or a virus, but in that case the herbs would've worked...'

"What if she's expecting kits?!" Cloudfur and Snowheart meow at the same time.

Specklefoot processed what they said. "Kits? How.... how can she lead with kits?" she meowed. "Flame." Crystalstar whispered. "Flame..., no it can't be. I don't believe it.." Snowheart meowed quietly. "Did you see us together?" Crystalstar meowed. She had only met Flame the other day, and now she was expecting his kits?! "No Crystalstar, he came to my clan a-and he became the father of Mossclaw's kits..." Snowheart meowed. Spottedpaw tried to speak up but all the others heard was a heavy breathe. Specklefoot heard most of the clan's sleeping breathes, and knew it must be Sundown. "Cloudfur, may we have some poppy seeds?"