𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝓟𝗔𝗜𝗚𝗘

Two-Time Grammy Nominee Share Struggles with School-Work Balance23 July, 2022

23 July, 2022

               Being involved in the music industry is pressure enough as is, but 20-year-old Noa Jackson has her hands full. As a sophomore at the University of Connecticut, Jackson opens up about the importance of keeping a healthy school-work balance while still making time for her friends and family. Having time to relax seems rather impossible with her busy schedule, but Jackson manages to keep a 3.8 GPA all while touring all around the world.

What's school like with a music career?
N: "It—It can be a handful sometimes... I mean, online school can be a pain when I come home from a long night onstage. But I have a wonderful team of people who supports me so I can do my best, as well as my family... [Her team] really keep me grounded, especially when the stress of assessments are coming and I gotta keep my eye on the prize, y'know. But—yeah, I am super grateful for the love and support I have."

I'm sure you've gotten this question a lot, especially with the rising popularity of college basketball, but have you ever met or run into the women's basketball team?
N: "[Laugh] Well, as a Husky, I've definitely been to a few of their home games but I've never had the pleasure of bumping into them, especially since I'm not home a lot. I mean... all of them are such talented women with bright futures and they're such an inspiration to young women all around the world, including myself."

You have received a lot of attention from the internet recently, especially on tiktok. Any thoughts on Paige Bueckers? As the sort of 'Campus Celebs', you two seemed to be put in edits together a lot.
N: "[Laugh] I mean, I love all the videos you guys have spent time making. Some of these—Holy, some of the ones I've seen are crazy good. I mean my friends send me some and I just can't get over how—talented you all are... Paige has definitely changed the game for women's basketball in general, I mean, it's such an honour being able to call myself a Husky and experience such a great bundle of talent and influence walking among us."

Any tips for your young fans who may be going through a rough time at school?
N: "I know things can get tough sometimes, but I promise you, it will all be worth it! Life is beautiful so don't spend it overworking yourself and stressing over tiny things. There's always somebody who's looking out for you. Sit back and take some time for yourselves."

Jackson has mentioned an upcoming album in the works since the release of Bailar two years ago. Her latest single, Sativa, featuring Jhnené Aiko and Swae Lee, has remained in the the Billboard top 10s every week since its release. To all the Noa fans itching for new music, be sure to save the date for Hotline's upcoming release. Good luck to Noa for her coming junior year!

♱✮♱⋆

Huskies Hungry for a Bone?
27 July, 2023