4.

"Fuck, I'm late,"

Shubman cursed as he ran through the college corridors to reach his class. He barged into the classroom panting, his eyes widening a bit to see the professor already present there.

"Good morning, sir," He smiled awkwardly, nervously rubbing his nape. The professor looked at him for a second before nodding and going back to what he was doing.

Shubman let out a breath before hurriedly scurrying to an empty seat and settling down.

"Hey," The guy beside him smiled at him, "New?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm Shubman Gill," Shubman introduced himself.

"Hii, Shubman, I'm Abhishek Sharma," The guy shot him a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you," Shubman smiled.

Halfway through the lecture and Shubman was already bored out of his wits, almost at the edge of falling asleep.

"May I come in, sir?"

Their lecture was disturbed by someone on the door. Shubman was surprised to see the newcomer before a bright smile spread itself on his lips without his knowledge. Is that Ishan? Oh, goodness.

"I'm sorry to disturb the class but I'm instructed to make a announcement. Can I?" Ishan asked the professor politely.

"Yes, go on," The professor replied.

"Guys, college is arranging a long trip, first there would be camping and tracking and then there's this psychology conference in a other college," Ishan announced, "Y'all only have today to register if you wanna go. More details you can find on the notice board of 3rd floor,"

"Thank you, sir, sorry again to disturb your class." He added, directed towards the professor.

The professor smiled, "It's fine, Ishan. You can go now."

Ishan smiled back and left the class.

"A trip, sounds interesting," Shubman mumbled to himself, leaning back in his chair.

"Are you planning to go?" He heard Abhishek asking.

"Not sure yet, are you?"

"I guess I'll go, I'm sure my friends must be excited about this,"

"Hmm," Shubman hummed, focusing back on the boring lecture again, in a minute he again felt like he would fall asleep.

The thought that Ishan studies in this college came back to his mind, along with it came the happy smile on his face.

-

"God, I'm already exhausted. Kya hoga mera?" Shubman mumbled to himself as he walked out of the classroom. Three back to back lectures had wore him down. This is what happens when you don't sleep the whole night. His brain remarked sarcastically.

He yawned, walking into the cafeteria. Roaming his eyes around, he noticed Ishan. He was sitting alone on a table, engrossed in typing something on his laptop. After five minutes of completing about whether he should approach him or not, he finally decided to just go and say hi.

"Hey, Ishan," Shubman smiled, reaching his table.

Ishan looked up at the voice, a bright smile making its way on his lips upon noticing who it was, "Oh, God, hii, Shubman. What are you doing here?"

"It's my first day, just joined."

"Woah, cool. Please sit," Ishan smiled up at him, closing his laptop. Shubman really loved that the guy was always so friendly and welcoming, he kinda wanted to be his friend since the moment he saw him and Ishan being so nice was really helping that. He smiled, settling down on the chair infront of him.